none
Data Sync - Row Filtering in new Azure Management Portal RRS feed

• Question

• I can not seem to find a way to select a column and define a row filter in the new Azure Management Portal. I am able to select the datasets, however unlike before I don't have a way to add filter. Please let me know if this is still supported and how its accessible in the new portal.
    Monday, June 3, 2013 10:45 PM

All replies

• Bump.

Anyone from MS available to answer?

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:37 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem.

We can see in the help part of the page:

"To filter so only a specified set of rows in a table are synchronized, create your sync group from the Silverlight portal."

The Silverlight portal is the previous disable portal?

Camille

Thursday, June 6, 2013 7:16 AM
  • Any help here?

Friday, June 7, 2013 7:02 PM
  • Why Microsoft does not respond?
    This feature will return in the new portal? This functionality is gone forever?
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:32 AM
  • Any official response?
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:20 AM
  • I called Microsft but I had no answers. Obviously, the technical issues for Azure are by creating support ticket on the web portal but I have the billing support only.
    Anyone answer?
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:49 AM
  • Thank you all for your feedback.  We will weigh its priority against other feature work and evaluate when we can add the filter support back to the HTML5 portal (hopefully soon).
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:50 PM
  • Hi Shirley,

The release notes for every release used to be posted on the Data Sync MSDN page.

IMHO, even though this service is still in preview (for a very long time already), breaking changes or features being dropped should at least be posted in there.

cheers,

JuneT 

• Edited by JuneTEditor Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:46 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Can you at least re-enable the sync feature in the old portal so that we can use row filters?

It is quite a critical component in our system.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:39 PM
  • We would also appreciate it if you re-enabled the sync feature on the old portal or give us a rough estimate when we can expect the HTML5 portal to support row filtering.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:54 AM
  • Is Data Sync project dead?

We really need this feature. The lack of visibility on the future of this project is really worrying.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:14 AM
  • Currently, the only way to apply filter is Sync Framework :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff928617.aspx 

I rewrote my synchronization tasks with this tool. It works fine.

Olivier

Friday, April 4, 2014 1:20 PM
  • Hello,

We have the same requirement. Any update on this?

The link to the tool below is broken.

Regards,

Douw

DGL

Friday, November 6, 2015 10:26 AM
  • Hey Douw,

I'm afraid that currently SQL Data Sync Service doesn't support row filter capability. Could you please describe your scenario here and we can think about whether there will be some workarounds.

Regards,
    Bowen

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:08 AM
  • Hi Bowen,

We require to be able to configure data sync row filters as previously available in the Silverlight Azure portal and described in the documentation: "Define row filters so that only the rows that meet the filter requirements are synchronized."

Is there any client (web / desktop) that allows the row filters to be configured?

Or alternatively can the Data Sync incl. row filters be configured via an API or other method?

Regards,

Douw

DGL

Monday, November 16, 2015 12:30 AM
  • Hi Bowen,

Any response here?

Regards,

Douw

DGL

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 11:59 PM
  • unfortunately, row filters is still not available. the same is true for a client tool or an API to specify the filter.

an unsupported way would be to hack the selectchanges stored procedures (it's just Sync Framework under the hood, so same approach of applying filters similar to Sync Framework will work)

• Proposed as answer by JoshGnana Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:42 PM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 12:23 PM
    Answerer