no audio RRS feed

• Question

• Help me..

Im not too good with this stuff so i may need a bit more patience from you.

I ran  a recovery disc since doing so ive no audio.

When trying to use my media player it says i dont have a sound card or its being used by something else.Then when i go to my volume controls its saying ive no mixer device.

Friday, June 15, 2007 3:05 AM

Answers

• This forum isn't too good for no-audio problems, but it sure sounds like your audio drivers aren't installed.  If you know what kind of sound card you have, you might want to try visiting the vendor's website and downloading the drivers.  Also make sure you're completely up-to-date with your Windows Updates.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:24 PM

All replies

• This forum isn't too good for no-audio problems, but it sure sounds like your audio drivers aren't installed.  If you know what kind of sound card you have, you might want to try visiting the vendor's website and downloading the drivers.  Also make sure you're completely up-to-date with your Windows Updates.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:24 PM
  • If you have realtek ac97 audio (you can find this by right clicking on "my computer" - left click "properties" - select "hardware" - "device manager" - "sound, video and game controllers" - you should see a list and realtek should be on the list) go to

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false , accept and download site 1 next to "Windows 98Gold/98se/Me/2000/XP/2003(32/64 bits) for Driver only. For Windows 98 SE, DirectX(R)8 is required to enable advanced features. (Executable file)".

This should work

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:36 AM