SQL server on premise with Azure AD authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I do have a SQL on-premise joined to a domain which is hybrid with Office 365/Azure.

Since we are moving some machines out of the on-premise domain to Azure AD, I wonder if those users which the machine is joined to the AzureAD can authenticate using their credentials on the SQL server.

The domain is hybrid, SQL server is part of the domain, users are part of the AzureAD. It works obviously fine when the machine is part of the domain.

Thanks,

Jose

Jose Rojas

Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Jose_Rojas,

>>Since we are moving some machines out of the on-premise domain to Azure AD, I wonder if those users which the machine is joined to the AzureAD can authenticate using their credentials on the SQL server.

Would you please show me the account format you want to use to login sql server ? You can log in only when you use an AD uer account. You must ensure that the username you use is the same as the username in login. The client machine must be in an AD with the SQL machine to log in with a Windows account.

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 29, 2019 8:17 AM