SketchFlow to design sample website/SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Basically what the Title says, I was wonder if I could use SketchFlow to draft up a "rough draft" of a new website? At my work we are migrating to SharePoint and getting rid of our current setup, but we want a "overview" or "rough sketch" of the layout and such. Is this possible with sketchFlow or any recommendations on something else?
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 10:18 PM

All replies

• Hi there,
    SketchFlow can be used as a prototyping tool regardless of the eventual deployed technology. When prototyping, in most cases, it is considered best practice to actually throw away your prototype before you start production development anyway.

You can use SketchFlow to explore, design, and focus on the big issues of how your project will work. You can use it in this way to design apps that would be implemented in Flash, Mac OS, and etc. Using SketchFlow to quickly help you work through the big project issues first will always help you no matter what production technology you end up using.

However, we don't want to completely come down on the side of throwing away all prototypes since SketchFlow is built using .NET and Silverlight, there are no limits in how deep you want to take your prototype using those specific technologies. And if you really know what you are doing, you could design a workflow to allow you to use what you've prototyped in your production project. However, this can be complicated and difficult.

Bob Pappas
    SketchFlow Engineering Manager
    Monday, August 31, 2009 3:12 PM