gap filling exercise c# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am creating a testing program. I would like to make a question type lke a gap fill exercise, like this, http://www.aditsoftware.com/feature-tour/gap-fill-question.php#

What are your ideas of making this?

Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:20 AM

Answers

• Using this question as an example:

The <capital> of England is London

Have a RichTextBox - the User enters the Question Above like this:

The Capital of England is London

They Then Select the word Capital - you extract the Selected word as an Answer = <Capital>

The "The" and "Of England is London" will be displayed as labels

so below the Create Question area of the form you will have a preview which you would generate using Labels and TextBoxes

IF the user is happy save the Question in the format shown (or something else if you prefer) for later use.

Digital Forensic Software Developer
    Online Safety Net
    Mark as Answer or Vote up if useful thank you!
    Volunteer Developers Required to work on free systems that can be used to reduce online child abuse and bullying! contact: dave@online-safety.net if you are interested.

• Proposed as answer by Dave A Gordon Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by jaanns Monday, March 18, 2013 10:11 AM
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:29 PM

All replies

• Create a text file with the questions and answers with the following format (you could use a table in a db if you like)

----------------- File Start

<London> is the capital of England
    <2> + 2 = 4

----------------- File Ends

The file is then read in. Where you find the <> you replace with a Textbox I would use the TextBox's Tag property and add the contents of the <> to the tag - so the TextBox's tag is the actual answer expected from the textbox.

Then compare TextBox.Text with TextBox.Tag - if they are the same then the person wrote the correct answer. Remember to lowercase invariant when you do the compare so variations in the writing - like capitals etc are ignored.

Online Safety Net
    Volunteer Developers Required to work on free systems that can be used to reduce online child abuse and bullying! contact: dave@online-safety.net if you are interested.

• Proposed as answer by Dave A Gordon Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:25 AM
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:24 AM
  • Create a text file with the questions and answers with the following format (you could use a table in a db if you like)

----------------- File Start

<London> is the capital of England
    <2> + 2 = 4

----------------- File Ends

The file is then read in. Where you find the <> you replace with a Textbox I would use the TextBox's Tag property and add the contents of the <> to the tag - so the TextBox's tag is the actual answer expected from the textbox.

Then compare TextBox.Text with TextBox.Tag - if they are the same then the person wrote the correct answer. Remember to lowercase invariant when you do the compare so variations in the writing - like capitals etc are ignored.

Online Safety Net

In my program, it should be possible for the user to make questions. I would like something like user is typing a text and choose which words should be missing. 

Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:38 PM
  • How to replace words in RichTextBox with textboxes?

Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:40 PM

They Then Select the word Capital - you extract the Selected word as an Answer = <Capital>

so below the Create Question area of the form you will have a preview which you would generate using Labels and TextBoxes

IF the user is happy save the Question in the format shown (or something else if you prefer) for later use.

Online Safety Net

• Proposed as answer by Dave A Gordon Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by jaanns Monday, March 18, 2013 10:11 AM
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:29 PM

Online Safety Net

Ok, Will try with labels then. 
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:26 PM
  • Mark the question answered please

Online Safety Net

Monday, March 18, 2013 10:08 AM
  • Hi,

I  am trying to create some exercises like yours(type fill in gaps) but i would like the user to be able to see if he 

answered correctly.

I would like at the end of the exercise the user to push a button and see which of the answers he gave were wrong and be able to see which is the right answer of each question .

If the answer is right i want just a simple "right" icon at the end of the question.

Do you have any ideas?

• Edited by charaboukl Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:01 PM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:01 PM