none
Apps for Office 2013 development templates missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using Visual Studio 2012 Premium to develop apps for Office, however the 2013 templates are missing, when I goto New Project....Visual C#.......templates....Office, I only see 2010 templates.

I have Office 2013 RTM installed, I tried the web installer tool but the tool doesnt list any Office 2013 developer tools.

Anyone with an idea out there?

Regards,

Johan

Monday, January 28, 2013 12:28 PM

Answers

• Can you try the direct installer for these tools?

go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=267640&clcid=0x409

I had a similar issue and the above worked for me !

• Marked as answer by JohanRolfers Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:02 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:40 AM

All replies

• I had the same problem. I unisnstalled the tools then restarted comp and installed again and they showed up. (Also make sure you do not run VS during installation).

Even now when i create a new project it ends with exception and it doesnt completly finish the project creation, but does enough so i can work normally.

Anze Javornik

Monday, January 28, 2013 12:31 PM
  • Thanks for your answer Anze,

unfortunately it doesnt work for me. I have uninstalled the tools succesfully gut when I run the webinstaller I still dont have Office 2013 developer tools as an option.

When I start the installer I get the error message: 'Microsoft Web Platform Installer couldn't find the product you tried to install.  Either the
    link you clicked is incorrect or you may be overriding your feed with with a different feed.'

Monday, January 28, 2013 2:03 PM
  • Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but did you install office before or after installing VS 2012 Premium? And i presume you are trying ( http://www.microsoft.com/web/handlers/WebPI.ashx?command=GetInstallerRedirect&appid=OfficeToolsForVS2012GA ) instead of Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 RC – Preview.

The only thing more that i would try is to uninstall whole VS2012, reinstall and then reinstall the office tools too.

Anze Javornik

Monday, January 28, 2013 3:34 PM
  • Hi Johanzen,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

You can try

1. Download Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012.
    2. Change the target version.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:07 AM
  • Hi Quist Zhang,

thanx for your answer, unfortunately still no success. In the download you provide I dont see any Office tools listed. And changing the target version also offers no Office templates....

Friday, February 1, 2013 2:43 PM
  • Hi Johanzen,

Thank you for your last reply. 

Now I'm sure that you haven't had the tools installed.

You can go to this page http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/office/apps/fp123627and click "Download the tools". The download will start immediately after you click it.

After you've downloaded it, you need to run and install it. 

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 12:25 PM
  • Hi Quist,

I have tried that (and tried it again just now) but I dont see het Office tools in the web installer. When I search for office I get the following results:

Monday, February 4, 2013 6:44 AM
  • Hi Johanzen,

Have you tried to click the "Download the tools" directly?

The Web Platform Installer might have its own limitations. As far as I know, you cannot get Office developer tools from it.

You can see what you can get from Web Platform Installer via this page.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]

Monday, February 4, 2013 7:06 AM
  • Yeah When I click "download the tools" i get a link to the webinstaller (I get the OfficeToolsForVS2012GA.exe and when I run that it starts the webinstaller....)

Im all out of idea's :-)

Monday, February 4, 2013 7:11 AM
  • Hi Johanzen,

Sorry for my last reply. It's been long since I've installed my tools, and I've forgot some details.

I've uninstalled and re-installed my Office developer tools just now. The below is the procedure.

Can you see this page after the Web installer initialized? What if you use "Office developer tools" as key words for a search?

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]

Monday, February 4, 2013 8:02 AM
  • No Problem I appreciate your help alot!

When i click the OfficeToolsForVS2012GA.exe I get the following screen, I think thats the problem right there, however when I click the link I get no info on how to reset the installer, the link takes me here: http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/)

Monday, February 4, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Hi Johanzen,

Thank you for your understanding.

Are you using Visual Studio 2012 Premium Release Candidate version? The tools is for RTM version, so using RC version might also be a possible reason for installation failure.

You can get Visual Studio 2012 trail download from http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads 

With regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]

Monday, February 4, 2013 8:39 AM
  • I Have RTM version

Monday, February 4, 2013 8:45 AM
  • Hi Johanzen,

I'll consult your issue with my colleague, you'll be informed if there's any update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]

Monday, February 4, 2013 8:57 AM
  • What if you apply Visual Studio 2012 Update 1? the latest version should be 11.0.51106.1

Tools menu -> Extensions & Updates

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Monday, February 4, 2013 9:41 AM
  • Hi Forrest,

I ran the setup succesfully, however my problem is not solved, still no office development tools. Thanks for the effort!

Johan

Monday, February 4, 2013 11:25 AM
  • If you have applied VS 2012 Update1, I think there were some problem with it, as the version number doesn't update to (11.0.51106.01). Would you please follow this blog to collect the installation log and upload it to Skydrive, and share a URL with me? I can then analyze the installation.

best regards,

Monday, February 4, 2013 11:35 AM
  • Forrest,

I do have a new version number so the update was succesfull. Here's the log you requested: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CB876DD04FA92AAB!112

And the screenprint of the versionnumber:

Monday, February 4, 2013 2:04 PM
  • you can input "office" in Web Platform installer to check whether there is "Microsoft Office Develop Tools for Visual Studio 2012 - Preview 2"

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

I have tried that see the screenprint above, I get no office developer tools in my results

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Can you try the direct installer for these tools?

go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=267640&clcid=0x409

I had a similar issue and the above worked for me !

• Marked as answer by JohanRolfers Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:02 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:40 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay. While checking the log, I observed below:

1. You had VS 2012 Professional & VS 2012 Premium on same computer. The best scenario that I can imagine is that you upgrade VS 2012 Professional to Premium. The installation order is important, Professional > Premium. Otherwise, this is a problem. 
    2. Dharmanand's solution below is also worth trying. Please let me know if you can fix it that way.
    3. Given there're multiple people run into the issue, it could be a problem in WebPlatformInstaller, you can report the issue to the dedicated forum: http://forums.iis.net/1155.aspx

best regards,

Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:43 AM
  • Hi Dharmanand, Forrest,

The solution Dharmanand provided worked so thanks a bunch for that one, also Forrest thanks for your help, I don't recall installing VS 2012 professional but maybe a re-installation would work. For know Im good to go, so I'm happy :-)

Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:01 PM