none
Unable to install Expression web 2 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have legit version of Expression Web 2 that I was running under Windows 7 x64 prior to change computer.

Now that I try to install it on my new computer, it will not complete installation and i get an error message.  It won't show in Program manager, however I will see the entry in the Control panel. If I try to uninstall from there, system freezes. I then launched Windows in SAFE MODE and tried to uninstall from Control Panel (as I have no idea what problems this can cause in the future), and I get the following message :

''Setup cannot find required setup controller file. Either there was a network error, an error reading from the CD, DVD or another installation media, or a problem with the package you downloaded''.

I must say my media is a DVD, with a product key, and this message comes as I try to ''uninstall'' the product (of course, I'd like to be able to reinstall it after - just wanted to do it clean. 

I have read many things on forums, about Office 2007 (which I have) but can't see what the problem is.

Thanks,

Robert

Thursday, February 3, 2011 2:16 AM

All replies

• Go here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility.shtml and download the windows installer cleanup utility.

Run it to remove EW 2, and then try the install.

Expression Web MVP
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 1:58 PM
  • Steve, all I got from this was a scan (not to say a scam...) and after the scan was offered to buy the software if I wanted system to be optimized - no mention at all to installation failure.  Is this normal ?

I can't imagine that I must pay $100 to buy a third party software for a poorly designed installation program by ... MICROSOFT !! ??

What is going on with this software ??

Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:19 AM
  • You clicked the download button for advertised software "to clean windows", not the download button for the free Windows Installer Clean Up Utility software, which is above the "or add to download basket" notice.

.... Can't blame Microsoft for you falling for tricky ad placement on someone else's site.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 8:27 AM
  • .... Can't blame Microsoft for you falling for tricky ad placement on someone else's site.

Aw, why not? Folks are always blaming Microsoft for their own hardware issues, or their own inexperience, or their own cluelessness. Why isn't it also fair to blame MS for their inability to recognize a third-party site's slick marketing practices? I mean, isn't Microsoft supposed to always protect them from themselves?

;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 3:03 PM
  • Thanks KathyW2 for pointing me the correct link. Was able to run the right program, but although the ''expression web 2'' no longer figure in this program's list, it still appear in Windows Prog Manager...

Btw, did not mean to blame Microsoft for tricky ad placement on someone else's site, but for having to go for a third party program to uninstall... its program ;-)

Thanks again,

Rob

Sunday, February 13, 2011 4:18 AM