none
Unattended Windows Setup Reference - Package description? [WE10 IOT Ent.] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know it is a little bit off topic, but I am looking for a descrpition of the the packages that can be seen in SIM of Windows Embedded 10 IoT Enterprise.

If found this link but it only contains descriptions of the settings for the componentens (less or more good). Does anyone know another (or maybe better) description?

Thanks in before,
    Willi K.

Monday, July 24, 2017 2:06 PM

Answers

• Your link is the best I have seen so far. Microsoft hasn't updated the SIM documents to Windows 10. My guess is they thought that WICD was going to be the solution and when it didn't pane out, they were caught behind on this topic. Most of the Windows 8.1 SIM information is still good for Windows 10.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

• Marked as answer by Willi K Thursday, July 27, 2017 7:05 AM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 11:00 AM

All replies

• Your link is the best I have seen so far. Microsoft hasn't updated the SIM documents to Windows 10. My guess is they thought that WICD was going to be the solution and when it didn't pane out, they were caught behind on this topic. Most of the Windows 8.1 SIM information is still good for Windows 10.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

• Marked as answer by Willi K Thursday, July 27, 2017 7:05 AM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 11:00 AM
  • I see. Can you give us the link to the Windows 8.1 SIM documention you have mentoined above, please? I have WICD installed on my system, but ATM it would be better to work with things where I have more knowledge at least. Thanks.
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 3:23 PM
  • Well a little search lead me to the just updated documentation for Windows 10:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/desktop/unattend/components-b-unattend 

Thursday, July 27, 2017 12:52 AM
  • This is a sub-topic of the link I have initially mentoined. However, have much thanks.
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 7:04 AM
  • I'm happy that someone else feels the same way about WICD. It's *useless*

I've been using SIM on W10, it has issues that Sean mentioned elsewhere, ie, UWF fundamentally not happening. However, I don't expect to work on W10 in the remaining few weeks at this company, so it will have to wait.

I hope the next LTSB fixes that...

=^x^=

Monday, July 31, 2017 7:45 AM