none
Unable to run macros RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not longer able to run macros – is their a Automatic update that prevent macros? The execution stops by a simple piece of code, that was acknowledges previously. The macro runs perfectly on another computer.

Around New Year a had a similar problem and was successfully recommended a "Fix it" patch which solved the problem…

:) Søren

Monday, March 23, 2015 9:16 AM

Answers

• Thank You

I have already enabled all macros…

I tried to run the macro on an old computer, which haven't been updated recently: It works perfectly. Then I updated up to date and now it stopped working!

Where can I find updates which only applies for  Excel?

:)

• Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Wednesday, April 8, 2015 1:38 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2015 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hello Soren,

No, there is no automatic update which can prevent macros from running.

Did you have a chance to check out the Trust center settings on the problematic PC?

I believe, macro settings from the Trust Center can be adjusted applying a group policy. I'd suggest contacting the administrator of your network.

Monday, March 23, 2015 10:22 AM
  • Hi

The macro is running but fails on a command code line. The message box says that the "Method 'Paste' of object '_Worksheet' failed

I don't know where to find "the Trust center settings? The PC is stand alone and not part of a domaine…

Monday, March 23, 2015 2:21 PM
  • Hi

The macro is running but fails on a command code line. The message box says that the "Method 'Paste' of object '_Worksheet' failed

I don't know where to find "the Trust center settings? The PC is stand alone and not part of a domaine…

File-àOption-àTrust CenteràMacro Settings-àDisable all macros without notifications

Thursday, March 26, 2015 3:14 AM
  • Thank You

I have already enabled all macros…

I tried to run the macro on an old computer, which haven't been updated recently: It works perfectly. Then I updated up to date and now it stopped working!

Where can I find updates which only applies for  Excel?

:)

• Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Wednesday, April 8, 2015 1:38 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2015 1:32 PM
  • It sounds like your macros are working normally but this one "breaks" due to an error. One possible reason, the code attempts to paste to a sheet that is protected, but there may be other reasons. 
    Monday, March 30, 2015 4:09 PM
  • Where can I find updates which only applies for  Excel?

This is a develop forum, finding updates ? better to Technet froum for Excel

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 10:25 AM
  • There was an update in Dec 2014 that caused code with MSForms aX controls on sheets or in userforms to fail.

Form Controls stop working after December 2014 Updates

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 11:27 AM
  • OK I will try that…

Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:05 AM
  • I was troubled with this issue around New Yearn as well, but was recommend an "Fix It" which solved the problem. I tried to run it again, but with no luck…

I hope a new "Fix It" will appear?

Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:09 AM
  • The sheet is unprotected when the paste command is activated, and it works on other computers?

Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:11 AM