none
Need continued Text over the table continued on the next page RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am working on one functionality where i need to put a "-Continued" text over the continued table on the next page in C#. Is there any way to do through programming or any option available in Word 2007?

Example:I am attaching a picture of word which shows the requirement needed:

Let me know if some one has any idea on that?

Thanks

Shahab Abbasi

Shahab Abbasi

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:55 PM

Answers

• Word tables provide no support for this kind of thing. The most you could do is to insert Section breaks before & after the table, then use field coding and/or a 'different first page' layout for the section to conditionally display the 'continued' message in the page footer.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:58 AM
  • Another option would be to set the table to include a first row header and then at least when it breaks onto a second or third page the header remains and it shows continuance and continuity .

Admittedly however, you probably wouldn't add the word "continued" to this heading row because it would look strange on the first page of the table.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Shahab,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll move your thread to Word for developers for better support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:02 AM
  • Word tables provide no support for this kind of thing. The most you could do is to insert Section breaks before & after the table, then use field coding and/or a 'different first page' layout for the section to conditionally display the 'continued' message in the page footer.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:58 AM
  • Another option would be to set the table to include a first row header and then at least when it breaks onto a second or third page the header remains and it shows continuance and continuity .

Admittedly however, you probably wouldn't add the word "continued" to this heading row because it would look strange on the first page of the table.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:09 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Paul. I will try to implement that and will let you know tomorrow.

Shahab Abbasi

Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Rich. I will try to implement that and will let you know tomorrow.

Shahab Abbasi

Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:55 PM