Linking to Existing Item in Expression Blend RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a series of data entry forms in Expression Blend 3, and I would like to have a central "desktop" screen where the menu bar launches each of the individual entry forms. That is, MainForm can launch EntryForm1, EntryForm2 or EntryForm3 based on an event. Starting from the MainForm, I have tried using "Link to Existing Item" and selecting the EntryForm XAML file, but I cannot open the XAML file for the EntryForms - it seems to be missing some item references. The error message says "Invalid XAML" when I try to open it.

Is there a better way to connect these files? Is there a way to include the references so that things work as is?

Any guidance, or documentation/training references, will be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 2:32 PM

All replies

• Is this WPF or SL?  There are many different ways to do this, so if you could describe your needs a little further, we can help.

For example, do you want the subforms displayed within the main form?  As child windows?  To completely replace the main UI? In a tabcontrol on the main page?  How are the subforms implemented, as Windows?  Usercontrols?

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 5:23 PM
  • Sorry, Chuck, I'm new to the environment...

I am using Silverlight 3, and I want the subforms to display within the main form as child windows, atop the main UI. I created the subforms as separate projects. How should I make the subforms?

Thursday, April 8, 2010 3:37 AM