VB 2010 Express - Publishing RRS feed

• Question

• How can I include a folder and files to the installation application so that when the program is installed it will install the folder and files in that folder.

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:48 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Martin,

Thanks for your posting.

>>"How can I include a folder and files to the installation application so that when the program is installed it will install the folder and files in that folder"

For this target, you could embed your folder and files into the application resource before your publishing, and when this program is downloaded and installed, it will install the folder and files in that folder, operations as follows. Right-click the WindowsApplication, choose and pop-up the Properties dialog, then add files you want.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 12, 2016 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Martin R P,

Thank you for your post.

Since Our forum is discussing about VS general question like how to set/configure Visual Studio and Visual Studio tools.
    As your question is about ClickOnce, I will help you move this case to Windows Forms >  ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects  for dedicated support

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:46 AM
  • Hi Martin,

Thanks for your posting.

>>"How can I include a folder and files to the installation application so that when the program is installed it will install the folder and files in that folder"

For this target, you could embed your folder and files into the application resource before your publishing, and when this program is downloaded and installed, it will install the folder and files in that folder, operations as follows. Right-click the WindowsApplication, choose and pop-up the Properties dialog, then add files you want.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

Friday, August 12, 2016 6:44 AM
  • Thanks for the reply!
    Sunday, August 14, 2016 10:31 PM