Windows Developer Preview VideoDriver Problem

Question

• Hello. I am running Windows 8 (Developer Preview 64bit) on my Toshiba A350 and facing few difficulties right now. Right after the installation, Windows 8 failed to recognize my video/display hardware and does not let me change screen resolution higher then 1024x768. In addition to that, it shows me lower graphic performance (2.0 vs 5,2 on Windows 7). I have tried to install Toshiba win 7 drivers, but looks like they didn't bypass and have not successfully installed.

Without them, windows is lagging sometimes (slow animation). Just seems like the processor is doing all the work and graphic performance is just not there!

Is there any way to get drivers for my video which actually would install?

Please help!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:43 AM

Answers

• Since Windows 8 has not been released yet not all drivers are going to work with it. Some drivers are very specific about the operating system version, so you might have to wait until they release Windows 8 drivers (if they make them for your model).

Have you tried installing the Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode?

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs/drivers:
    1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
    2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
    3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:55 AM