none
CurrentApp.LicenseInformation throws Exception RRS feed

• Question

• My UWP application is already published in the Windows store. My app last update is about 5-6 months ago. I am now doing some update which has already been completed.

In my code, I am calling CurrentApp.LicenseInformation. I am getting exception, ex.Message contains "Exception from HRESULT: 0x803F6107"

Code snippet below.

try
                {
                    var applicationInformation = CurrentApp.LicenseInformation;
                    if (applicationInformation.ProductLicenses[featureName].IsActive)
                    {
                        return true;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        return false;
                    }
                }
                catch( Exception ex)
                {
                    String msg = ex.Message;
                    return false;
                }

return true means user have paid for a particular app feature, otherwise ad will be displayed in my app since he has not purchased that feature.

I plan to proceed to update  my app. Hopefully, users who paid for my app wont get affected.

Any help is appreciated.

Kay61

Saturday, May 19, 2018 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hello Kay61,

Attempts to debug IAP sometimes fail due to 0x803F6107 error after OS updates. Probably, you need to install the app to your development PC from the Store once (or othewise again) to activate some license as described in documentation (see step 4). Though the article is about Windows.Services.Store.*,  but similar step would be required for Windows.ApplicationModel.Store.*.

Then, to my understanding, it's a purely local problem. So, your IAP would be working well in endusers' devices. maybe.

If you'd like to investigate it further by yourself, try looking into logs in the Event Viewer. Open "Computer Management" and see Event Viewer > App&Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Store > Operational.
    • Edited by FEC-4RP Saturday, May 19, 2018 9:16 AM
    Saturday, May 19, 2018 8:50 AM
  • Hi Kay61,

According to the error code, it should indicate that the Store doesn't have any knowledge about your app. Thus, you need to associate your app with the app name in the Store.

The method from CurrentApp requires a valid Store license, which need you to install your app on the local dev device through Store.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 21, 2018 8:33 AM