VS2010 Windows 7 very slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All.

I install VS2010 Professional on Windows 7 Enterprise machine. My problem during designing project Visual Studio work very slow. When I work on design window and then try to make some changes in code window that occupy  a time ~15-20 seconds. The same problem happen when I try to jump from one windows panel to other working in Visual Studio 2010. But Windows XP machines with Visual Studio 2010 work much better. I found online:

Run VS2010 go to Tools\Options\Environment\General
    - Uncheck "Automatically adjust visual experience based on client performances" and "Enable rich client visual experience" boxes.

After that VS2010 become to work little faster but still slow then VS2008. How to fix that problem?

Thanks.

• Edited by zleug Friday, December 9, 2011 4:17 PM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hello eugzl,

How about your PC's memory and CPU? Despite the way to uncheck the "Automatically adjust visual experience based on client performances" item, there're following options you can have a try: 

If you still got problem, please post it back.

Helen Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    • Marked as answer by Helen Zhou Monday, December 19, 2011 2:46 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 3:11 AM

All replies

• Hi eugzl,

I'm using VS 2010 and Win 7 and I feel it's slow too. The 2 options you mentioned seem help. Thank you.

Catherine Sea
    Version Control Software | Software Configuration Management Solution

Friday, December 9, 2011 7:23 PM
  • Hello eugzl,

How about your PC's memory and CPU? Despite the way to uncheck the "Automatically adjust visual experience based on client performances" item, there're following options you can have a try: 

If you still got problem, please post it back.

Helen Zhou [MSFT]
    • Marked as answer by Helen Zhou Monday, December 19, 2011 2:46 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 3:11 AM
  • Hi eugzl,

If you feel the solution I gave doesn’t real answer your question, please feel free to unmark it and update the thread.

Regards,

Helen Zhou [MSFT]
    Monday, December 19, 2011 2:46 AM