Combine Coded UI Test HTML Logs? RRS feed

• Question

• After running my Coded UI tests in Visual Studio 2012 I wanted the test results to be logged to an HTML file. I am able to achieve this. but my question is

Unfortunately, every single test gets its own HTML report at ..\TestResults\<Test Run Folder>\In\<Individual Test Log Folder>\<PC Name>\UITestActionLog.html, currently I have 3 different individual tests and each gets its own folder at ..\TestResults\<Test Run Folder>\In\

What I want is for all 3 HTML files to be combined into one, and instead of just

> Test 1

it would be:

> Test1

> Test2

> Test3

Is there a way to do this automatically with some configuration options.

I want to merge all the test 1 , test 2 & test 3 in one single HTML file. is it possible. Please help me. it is very urgent.

Thanks

laxmikant

Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:18 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Yes, each coded UI test running will get a separate Html log file. As far as I know there is no configuration option to combine multiple html log files.

If you want to combine them, if you have programming basis, maybe you can read them from its own path and write the data into one HTML file programmatically. If you want to know how to read data from a file and write data into a file, maybe you can consult on Visual Studio language forums: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=vslanguages for better response.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:31 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forums.

Since the issue concerns the VSTS forum where you can contact VSTS expert, I'm moving ti to the VSTS forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Damon 

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 20, 2013 3:18 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, each coded UI test running will get a separate Html log file. As far as I know there is no configuration option to combine multiple html log files.

If you want to combine them, if you have programming basis, maybe you can read them from its own path and write the data into one HTML file programmatically. If you want to know how to read data from a file and write data into a file, maybe you can consult on Visual Studio language forums: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=vslanguages for better response.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:31 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 5:50 AM