Critical Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am new to MRS and just need a quick and short answer to these Qs:

1) Am I able to have more than one robot in MRS? Both in the simulation and the real world,

2) Am I able to add a sensor or omit a sensor?

3) Am I able to change the code for my robot?

4) Can I open MRS for other program like visual studio?

Any suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Narges

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:24 PM

Answers

• The good news is that the answer is yes to all of your questions above.  However, there are certain caveats.  Namely, RDS is not a replacement for the firmware on your robot.  Rather, it is the brains that drives the rest of the robot.

You will want to first run through the various samples/tutorials available both with the release and online in CodePlex:  http://mrdssamples.codeplex.com/

• Marked as answer by balouchestani Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:06 PM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:33 PM

All replies

• The good news is that the answer is yes to all of your questions above.  However, there are certain caveats.  Namely, RDS is not a replacement for the firmware on your robot.  Rather, it is the brains that drives the rest of the robot.

You will want to first run through the various samples/tutorials available both with the release and online in CodePlex:  http://mrdssamples.codeplex.com/

• Marked as answer by balouchestani Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:06 PM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:33 PM
  • Thank you luke,

The answer was complete, I appreciate your help. But could you please explain what you mean by this sentence:

"RDS in not a replacement for the firmware on your robot...”

I am currently working on a project named "Design of a Modular and Reconfigurable Mars Exploration kit".           I am researching if I should write my own software or rely on Microsoft robotic studio. Basically what I asked was the main concerns for me.

I want to develop a terrain for this environment and program my robot using VPl.

Do you think this is possible with Microsoft robotic studio?

Please let me have the benefits of your advice.

Narges

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:16 PM