classic UI freezing when maximizing a window (win8 preview)

Question

• ... talking about the classic UI here obviously, this happens off and on, everything is freezing when maximizing Chrome for instance. Hitting ctrl-alt-del and back to anything unfreeze the UI.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:23 AM

Answers

• I removed the preview from my system so I can't check anymore. What I can say is it happened only with Google Chrome, when dragging the windows to the to upper edge of the screen to maximize it. As to the task manager, yes I could launch it, but it had the immediate effect to unfreeze the UI. BTW I've seen that happen two on Win7, opening the task manager or just hitting ctrl-alt-del when an app freezes unfreezes it sometimes, without the need to terminate or relaunch any process etc...

In the case I described, it was not just Chrome freezing, it was the whole Windows interface, and again unfreezing after hitting ctrl-alt-del.

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Can you clarify? Is it for all apps or for certain applications? How often does this happen?

Are you able to access the task manager to see what's happening there?

Regards,

Bobby

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:36 AM
    Answerer
  • I removed the preview from my system so I can't check anymore. What I can say is it happened only with Google Chrome, when dragging the windows to the to upper edge of the screen to maximize it. As to the task manager, yes I could launch it, but it had the immediate effect to unfreeze the UI. BTW I've seen that happen two on Win7, opening the task manager or just hitting ctrl-alt-del when an app freezes unfreezes it sometimes, without the need to terminate or relaunch any process etc...

In the case I described, it was not just Chrome freezing, it was the whole Windows interface, and again unfreezing after hitting ctrl-alt-del.

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:44 AM
  • Thanks Philippe for following up. Really appreciate it.

Bobby

Friday, September 16, 2011 9:12 PM
    Answerer
  • you're welcome, you'll hear from me again when the beta is out ;)
    Friday, September 16, 2011 9:26 PM