Why 'duplicate Aug and Sep month' in this report? Report Builder RRS feed

• Question

• User521171331 posted

Here is the print screen.

My data:

Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:18 AM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Ok more likely not all data are shown but you do have other rows. So in your column grouping you likely have an expression such as =Fields!ToPayDate so you have a column for each date.

Instead you could likely use =Fields!ToPayDate.Year and =Fields!ToPayDate.Month on the next line so that columns are grouped by year and then by month (ignoring the day).

(it's really about Reporting Services which have its own dedicated forum rather than related to SQL Server).

Edit: if i remember it might miss .Value everywhere. Ie strictly speaking it might be =Fields!ToPayDate.Value.Year and =Fields!ToPayDate.Value.Month but you get the idea...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 4:31 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

We would need to know how the report is done. Sept is duplicated as well? My first though is that colum grouping is done on each date (including the day) rather than on each month.

Edit: the http://forums.asp.net/191.aspx/1?SQL+Server+Reporting+Services forum would be likely a better place for this question.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 11:31 AM
  • User521171331 posted

Yeah Sep also duplicate.

Ya, how do I do column grouping by each month rather than my date?

Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:41 PM
  • User753101303 posted

Ok more likely not all data are shown but you do have other rows. So in your column grouping you likely have an expression such as =Fields!ToPayDate so you have a column for each date.

Instead you could likely use =Fields!ToPayDate.Year and =Fields!ToPayDate.Month on the next line so that columns are grouped by year and then by month (ignoring the day).

(it's really about Reporting Services which have its own dedicated forum rather than related to SQL Server).

Edit: if i remember it might miss .Value everywhere. Ie strictly speaking it might be =Fields!ToPayDate.Value.Year and =Fields!ToPayDate.Value.Month but you get the idea...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 4:31 PM