none
Number of Windows 2008 product activations RRS feed

• Question

• I see that for my copy of Technet Plus purchased on my company's Volume License agreement, I have 1500 activations for Windows Server 2008 SE/EE, and 1500 for Datacenter.  Do you also get 1500 if you buy a Technet Plus subscription at retail (not via Volume License)?  If not, how many do you get?
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 12:44 AM

Answers

• You don't actually have 1500 activations. A bug in the system (the one being replaced in a few weeks) is causing inaccurate activation counts to be displayed.

For some products, Retail and VL Subscribers both have access to the same multiple activation keys. For other products Retail subscribers may only have access to retail products and retail keys, while VL subscribers may have access to vl products and vl keys. The entitlements vary from product to product.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 1:37 AM

All replies

• You don't actually have 1500 activations. A bug in the system (the one being replaced in a few weeks) is causing inaccurate activation counts to be displayed.

For some products, Retail and VL Subscribers both have access to the same multiple activation keys. For other products Retail subscribers may only have access to retail products and retail keys, while VL subscribers may have access to vl products and vl keys. The entitlements vary from product to product.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 1:37 AM
  • Once the bug has been taken care of with the new system, how many actual activations will be available?

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:27 PM
  • It varies by product, edition, and subscription level.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:17 AM