The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Syncing users from another "directory" to newly created directory in Azure AD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a windows Azure AD configured to sync users from on-premise using dirsync.

I have created a new directory on the same portal and i want all the users to be synced from old directory.

What should i do ?
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Is it that you are synchronising from your On-Prem AD to Azure AD in a new directory for the first time ?

If so, these are the Directory Integration Scenarios that are supported. Also, you can look into the various directory integration tools that are available. The differences between the Directory Integration Tools are explained here.

DirSync and Azure Active Directory Sync tools will no longer be released individually. Future improvements and the latest functionality will be included in updates to the Azure Active Directory Connect.

Do let us know if you need further help in the same.

Regards,

Neelesh

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 11:39 AM
  • Hello,

I hope that the last response helped resolve the issue.

Since I haven’t heard back from you, I would like to now mark this thread as ‘Answered’, which can help others facing the same issue. If you’re still facing any issues, please write back to us, and we can continue working on this.

Regards,

Neelesh

Monday, May 11, 2015 7:33 AM