Query multiple tables using a link on OData to load data to Azure SQL Database/Data Warehouse RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Community,

I am currently tasked with getting data from an OData feed using a link to query tables and load the data to a SQL database.

I have two sources one - OData feed and the destination source - SQL DB/DW. i have used a query to link two tables using $expand property and return desired columns. Now i want to store the data returned from the query and store that in SQL DB/DW

Picture below shows the query results via Postman. Please note there two tables on the Link: Inspections and Controls

Picture Below shows Data Factory connection using OData; this query does not work if i don't specify a table. The problem with this it won't accomodate my query since its querying two tables and therefore cannot select two tables below.

Picture below is a screenshot when i specify a table, what if i want multiple tables to be queried at the same time?

My question is how do extract data from OData using a link and populating tables in Azure SQL DB/DW?

Regards,

Mbulelo

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:17 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I see the custom query option in the screenshots, have you tried that? 

Friday, November 16, 2018 3:04 AM
  • Yes, i tried that but Data Factory doesn't accommodate "$expand" on the query.

Any work around to get this property working on Data Factory?

Friday, November 16, 2018 6:46 AM