none
ADO.Net Data Access Methods RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This question has been going around in my mind for some time. I have a very silly question but something that has started to bother me now. I want to know which is a better technique for Data Access.

Is using DataAdapter or TableAdapter from a design view or creating them at runtime a better option? I am asking this because creating adapter object at design view automatcally generates Select, Insert, Update and Delete Command objects. But in many cases I do not use all these Command objects. Don't they increase the burden on the processors? Whereas If I create these objects at runtime I only add the Command Objects I require.

If anyone can help me with my queries, it would be great

Regards

Vineed

Friday, August 3, 2007 12:07 PM

Answers

• Isn't it faster for VS to create the objects for you, then for you to have to type them all out?
    The extra command objects will consume more memory; however it will be insignificant.
    Friday, August 3, 2007 1:20 PM

All replies

• Isn't it faster for VS to create the objects for you, then for you to have to type them all out?
    The extra command objects will consume more memory; however it will be insignificant.
    Friday, August 3, 2007 1:20 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your time. Actually I asked this question because I have an ASP.Net page which has about 3 or 4 DataAdapters that were created at design time and the page now seems somewhat slow as it already has a lot of processing work that happens. So, just wanted to know which is the best option

Thanks again......

Regards

Vineed

Friday, August 3, 2007 1:26 PM