none
VSTO Error CS1760 stdole.dll RRS feed

• Question

• There is a VSTO Excel project:

I would like to send an email with outlook but clearly, some assemblies are missing:

So I decided to add a reference:

Adding the reference:

The Interop.Outlook appears in the References

As soon as I add a reference the Outlook keyword and other keywords are fine:

Visual studio is not complaining about the Outlook keyword anymore.

However, Building the project produces the following error:

ErrorCS1760

Assemblies 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\stdole\7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\stdole.dll' and 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\stdole.dll' refer to the same metadata but only one is a linked reference (specified using /link option); consider removing one of the references.ExcelAddIn1C:\Users\lt5244\source\repos\ExcelAddIn1\ExcelAddIn1\CSC 1 Active

What should I do please?

• Moved by CoolDadTx Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:36 PM Office related
    Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:29 PM

All replies

• Anyone please?
    Friday, February 16, 2018 9:19 AM
  • Hello btsDeveloper,

If you tried to remove all references of Outlook and stdole and re-add reference to Outlook, would this issue still exist?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:40 AM