none
Mobility service manual re-installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install the Mobility service manually (UNIFIEDAGENT.exe) version 9.4.0 on a Windows 2008R2 that it was previously installed and removed from it (re-installation of the product).

The problem is that I must make a reboot for this installation. From the installation logs I found that it's because the Kernel Driver InDskFlt is still loaded from the first installation.

The server can't make a reboot, and I tried to unload or stop this driver with several tools but I did not managed to do that.

Do you have any suggestion for this situation?

thanks,

Or

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

We are checking on the query and would get back to you soon on this. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:23 PM
  • Hi ,

Unfortunately there is no supported  workaround, you have to reboot the machine

-Ashish

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 6:08 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Ashis,

Is this issue still require to reboot the machine ? 

Also, is there a way to find the loaded driver's version (not of the file on the disk)?

Thank you,

Oz.

• Edited by superoz Monday, May 13, 2019 10:15 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2019 10:13 AM
  • Yes, it is required reboot of the Server.  

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:04 AM
  • I'm interested to find the loaded driver version.

Can you approve that drvutil.exe is checking the version of the loaded driver InDskFlt.sys (in the memory) and not the one on the disk ?

Thanks.

• Edited by mokococo Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:21 PM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:21 PM
  • Driver InDskFlt - once loaded in kernel you won’t be not possible to unload or stop manually 

We need to reboot the Server so that it will unload 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Monday, June 10, 2019 7:33 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:19 AM