Sample Grabber Sink not setting media type GUID RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the example code from the Sample Grabber Sink reference page except that I'm processing an mp4 file to get both audio and video samples (my sample code). To process the samples in the callback I need to know which ones are audio and which ones are video. The problem is the REFGUID guidMajorMediaType is always set as GUID_NULL.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

I cannot repro it with your code, I will consult with the relevant engineers to handle this case, please wait patiently. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 3:12 AM
  • Hi,

I am still investigating this issue. As a workaround, you can use this->_majorMediaType instead of guidMajorMediaType. I will keep update for this post.

Regards & Fei 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:18 AM
  • As a workaround, you can use this->_majorMediaType instead of guidMajorMediaType.

That's the workaround I added :).

Looks like this is probably a bug. Two independent verifications.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59839187/sample-grabber-sink-not-setting-media-type-guid

I can work around it so don't escalate on my behalf. My original intent was to see if I was doing something wrong.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 9:26 AM
  • Hi,

UPDATA:

We're glad to tell you that we have fixed this bug on Windows vNext, Please attention to the updates later.

Best Regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 31, 2020 11:46 AM