none
Desktop app in Windows store? RRS feed

• Question

• We submitted a desktop app, and got notification that it was approved with a link. However, when we click the link all we get is:

Sorry, we can't find this page. The address might have changed or been removed.

Is this because the desktop side isn't active yet? Or has something gone awry?

• Moved by Roberts_E Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:09 PM contingent staff
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Christopher,

Does your desktop App appear in the Store. Is the issue that the link provided doesn't work. We have seen cases where there has been a delay in the link becoming active, but does eventually.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:14 PM
  • I cannot find it in the store, and the link still does not work 48 hours later.

What can I do from here?

Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:39 PM
  • Hi Christopher,

I would recommend raising an email ticket at http://getsupport.microsoft.com. This way we can investigate the issue for you.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by mark_1h Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:55 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Christopher DiPierro Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:57 PM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:44 PM
  • Thanks. Opened a case there.

As it turns out the app can be found when searching the App Store on MSDN release Win 8, but not on Release Preview. Not sure why that is, but don't care too much.

MS Support says the web links are taking up to 5 days(!) to appear.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:59 PM
  • So I've opened a case on this and it's still pending. I get daily updates that they're investigating. But I can't be the only person with this problem, right?
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:30 PM
  • Now support has told me that desktop apps in the Windows store don't get web links (despite being sent one when we were approved). Is this actually true? If so, how are we supposed to promote?
    Friday, September 21, 2012 2:18 PM
  • Was this ever resolved for you?  I'm having the same issue.
    Friday, October 12, 2012 5:24 PM