Industrial Scanner - Zebra Symbol MC9200 Mobile Computer - Disable physical keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a Zebra Symbol MC9200 Mobile Computer (Industrial Scanner) running Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Classic. I am trying to disable the physical keyboard on this scanner via a registry editor I downloaded called PHM Regedit. I do not know which registry keys to edit.

I work in a manufacturing environment. The operators on the production floor are bypassing our verification process by manually inputting the part number instead of scanning a predetermined barcode (the scan will place the part number in the field needed) which in turn we are sending the wrong parts to our client.

The internal program we run on our scanners would catch the wrong part if the operators were not manually inputting the part numbers. When they scan the wrong part it will not let them proceed in the program. However if the manually type in the part number (which they have been doing even after constant instructions) then it will let them proceed.

Which registry keys do I need to edit to disable the physical keyboard?

Any other information needed please let me know. 

• Moved by Sean LimingMVP Wednesday, August 15, 2018 5:39 PM Wrong Forum - Windows CE question
    Wednesday, August 15, 2018 12:29 PM

Answers

• The answer to this will need to come from the OEM of the device.

Expanding on that answer, only the OEM knows how the internal keypad is wired, therefore only the OEM knows how to disable it.  There are many ways that they could have done it, some standard and some non-standard.

Bruce Eitman
    Senior Enginer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Synopsys DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman
    I work for
    Synopsys

• Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:00 AM
    • Edited by Bruce Eitman Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:50 AM Expanded on the original response
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Eitman Wednesday, August 22, 2018 1:58 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2018 8:54 AM