none
Query for contact information using the ItemOperations Fetch command (ActiveSync) RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to query and download contact information from the Exchange GAL using the ItemOperations Fetch command (ActiveSync)?

I am currently querying Exchange for contact entries in the GAL using the Search method. Unfortunately the response from Search only returns entries that are cataloged by the ANR. I am looking to download ALL contact information, even data that is not cataloged by the ANR.

None of the examples I have seen so far show how to search using the ItemOperations command. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Monday, May 16, 2011 4:50 PM

Answers

• Vivek,

The ItemOperations:Fetch command retrieves a specific item from the server. The reason it states
    multiple entries can be returned is multiple 'Fetch' elements can be combined under one ItemOperations
    parent element.

You should be using the 'Search' command to search the GAL. 

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Vivek:

Thank you for inquiry. A member of the protocol documentation team will be in touch soon through this thread.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Monday, May 16, 2011 6:07 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Vivek,

I will investigate this question and follow up with you.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Monday, May 16, 2011 6:22 PM
  • Vivek,

The ItemOperations:Fetch command retrieves a specific item from the server. The reason it states
    multiple entries can be returned is multiple 'Fetch' elements can be combined under one ItemOperations
    parent element.

You should be using the 'Search' command to search the GAL. 

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:01 PM