If Microsoft paid the taxes on the tablet, why did I get a 1099 from Microsoft? RRS feed

• Question

• I just got a 1099 from Microsoft that shows I earned $1250.00 in income and no withholding.  I was assured repeatedly at the conference that Microsoft was paying the taxes on this.  I just spoke to a CPA and they think I owe the taxes.   Any thoughts?
    Monday, January 30, 2012 1:38 AM

Answers

• I got an email which states:

==========================================================

Dear BUILD attendee:

It has come to our attention that some of you may have received an erroneous
    1099 concerning the Samsung device you received at our BUILD conference in
    September.

We would like to assure you that what was communicated to you at the BUILD
    conference remains accurate. It is our intention to cover the tax obligation
    related to the distribution of this device. We are working quickly to resolve
    this issue. If you did receive an incorrect 1099 tax form, you will receive an
    updated version.

If you have any further questions please email nikedist@microsoft.com
    and in the subject line please indicate ”Tax Related Inquiry.”

Thank you for your patience with regard to this matter.

BUILD Conference Team

-- Ed Sieja

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:46 PM
  • A quick calculation shows that I will be paying about $166 in taxes on this income.  I guess that's not bad for getting the tablet, but it certainly isn't "we'lll be covering all of the tax implications".

I can attest to the fact that Microsoft's intention is to cover all tax liabilities. I also received the second form with the same numbers as you, which were insufficient because of my higher federal tax bracket and state tax. I contacted Microsoft and gave them the numbers that would cover all my tax liabilities. They immediately reissued the 1099-MISC form with my numbers, no questions asked.

MICROSOFT ROCKS!

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

Thank you for your question. Please send a reply to the below email with your contact information and a link to this thread and your display name so we may reach out to you.

<removed>

*See my reply below*

Thanks!

Monday, January 30, 2012 3:04 PM
  • I was around 15th in line and was also told by the people handing out tax forms that Microsoft would be paying all taxes for the Tablets. Got my tax form and nothing was withheld. 

Just emailed that address Keith, hope this gets sorted out.

Monday, January 30, 2012 3:34 PM
  • Hi Keith,

I too have just received a 1099 and have just emailed regarding this matter.

Kind regards

Chris

Monday, January 30, 2012 10:45 PM
  • I too received a 1099-MISC for the samsung tablet. I too was repeatedly told that the taxes would be paid by MS. However, the 1099 shows the FULL amount ($1250).  I have email regarding this.

Jaimi

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:48 AM
  • Just as everyone else has said I am in the same boat.  As I stood in the mass of humanity I asked multiple event staff and MS Staff about the tax information and was told without hesitation that it was just a formality and Microsoft would be paying for the taxes.  Just like everyone else I am looking at a sweet $1250 1099-MISC courtesy of Microsoft.  I have emailed the above address and await a response.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:15 AM
  • I didn't know my employer's EIN, and I too was told that it was just a formality as MS was paying the taxes.  So I used my personal SSN and just got a 1099 for it.  I hope there is an explanation.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:37 AM
  • On another note, how do they come up with $1250 as the value?

It's a one off (or 5000 off?) PROTOTYPE of mostly non-functional alpha hardware and crippled, incomplete alpha software. I don't think I could sell this to anybody I know for more than $20 unless it was somebody willling to overpay for a lap heater. :-)

Jokes aside, I'd be astounded if Microsoft didn't straighten this out. The hatred they'd accumulate from their most desirable group of accolytes is certainly not worth the $1500 write off to them.

-Ed

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:22 AM
  • Same here - was told it was a gift with no tax liability for me personally.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:30 PM
  • I got one of these too.  Perhaps they were only going to cover the tax burden for international conference attendees, and not the Americans? I'm wondering if anyone heard back from Microsoft?  I don't mind paying the $300 of taxes on this, but I want to get the final word on this before submitting my return.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:56 PM
  • I have not yet heard back. But we were unequivocally and repeatedly told that there would be no tax burden.  We were instructed to use our own SSN instead of our employers EIN, and told this was just a formality, that they had to declare it for "gifts over a certain amount".  Please note the use of the term "Gift". A gift has no tax burden on the reciever (the tax is paid by the gifter). 

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Same for me, also was promised there would be no tax liability but got the 1099. Emailed requesting they take care of the taxes due.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:51 PM
  • Has anyone heard back yet?
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:58 PM
    Nope.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:04 PM
  • Add me to the list too.  Email sent
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:24 PM
    Nope.

Crickets so far.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:37 PM
  • Another dupee here.  Same story - asked and was told not to worry about the taxes.  There was no advance notice about this that might have given us an opportunity to get some kind of tax ID from our employer, assuming they were willing to hand that out to mere developers.

Please Microsoft, issue a corrected form NOW.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:12 AM
  • I think we all got screwed. If I don’t hear from Microsoft by Valentine’s Day, I am filing a dispute with the IRS.

I did not receive any income from Microsoft. This tablet should not even be classified as a gift. The way I see it, it was a purchase, the payment for which came out of our conference fees.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:17 AM
  • Wow, outstanding, if you think your are screwed check this out: I've just got my 1099 that shows that I earned... $2500. How is it even possible when everybody else received the form with $1250 on it? It's ridiculous!
    don't worry, be happy
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:59 AM
  • Wow, outstanding, if you think your are screwed check this out: I've just got my 1099 that shows that I earned... $2500. How is it even possible when everybody else received the form with $1250 on it? It's ridiculous!
    That has a simple explanation: you got screwed twice! Sorry, I know it's not funny.
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 3:02 AM
  • Add me to the growing list... they found me too... email has been sent... Very disappointing!
    James
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:27 PM

Update. Got an email stating:

Apologies for the confusions. We recognize that $1250 was incorrectly reported as an additional entry however we will correct that in our systems to ensure we report only $1,250 to IRS.

don't worry, be happy
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 4:18 PM
  • I also was told that the form we filled out was for record-keeping purposes only and that MS would be taking care of the tax burden. This doubly sucks because I have already filed my tax return so if I get a penalty for not including this "income" I'll be right pissed. I emailed the and I hope they have a solution for this.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:07 PM
  • yes, me too. ditto...
    DavidJKelley, Microsoft MVP
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:38 PM
  • Here's a preview of the response you're likely to get:

"Thanks for your email.  We understand that people whom went to the BUILD conference are receiving 1099-Misc form.   We currently working on this circumstance and will providing a response as soon as possible."

I am not a CPA, but I have spoken to one, and I advise everyone not to file their taxes until this is resolved.  If you got a 1099, the IRS knows about this and believes it is income. 

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:45 PM
  • "Thanks for your email.  We understand that people whom went to the BUILD conference are receiving 1099-Misc form.   We currently working on this circumstance and will providing a response as soon as possible."

I have received one just like that.

I also want to let everybody know that I sent an email to prohelp@microsoft.com, which was the address shown on my 1099-MISC form to contact if I have questions. No resolution yet.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:09 PM
  • Sent email, await answer with 'bated breath.
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 5:43 PM
  • Ditto.  Emailed.  Waiting.  
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:10 PM
  • Hello All,

We are currently investigating the 1099-Misc form users are receiving and we will be providing a response as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Thursday, February 2, 2012 9:08 PM
  • I received a response to the message I had sent to prohelp@microsoft.com. They are assuring me that it's not Microsoft's intention to make us pay taxes for these PC's and they are working on resolving this issue. Let's hope it gets resolved soon.

Friday, February 3, 2012 1:37 AM
  • Count me as another person who got a 1099-misc. I also heard from MS people that MS was taking care of the taxes on the "gift". 
    -- Rob
    Friday, February 3, 2012 9:06 PM
  • Also got a 1099-MISC and I had already filed. So now I either need to amend my taxes or get this taken care of. Will be following this thread for updates
    Monday, February 6, 2012 3:16 PM
  • I got an email which states:

Dear BUILD attendee:

It has come to our attention that some of you may have received an erroneous
    1099 concerning the Samsung device you received at our BUILD conference in
    September.

We would like to assure you that what was communicated to you at the BUILD
    conference remains accurate. It is our intention to cover the tax obligation
    related to the distribution of this device. We are working quickly to resolve
    this issue. If you did receive an incorrect 1099 tax form, you will receive an
    updated version.

BUILD Conference Team

-- Ed Sieja

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:46 PM
  • I got a similar message.

The question is: When will I "receive an updated version?"

-- Rob

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:42 PM
  • I got a similar message.

The question is: When will I "receive an updated version?"

-- Rob

Agreed. This is really annoying. I just want to file my taxes.
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:40 PM
  • Anyone got an update? I too would like to get taxes handled, but this is preventing that.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:46 PM
  • To me, it appears that this is bordering on fraudulent activity on Microsoft's part.

Over inflating the value of the tablet PC means a bigger tax write-off for Microsoft.  Shifting the tax burden to the PC recipients after telling the recipients that they would not be liable for the taxes is fraud.

I would never have accepted the $1250 piece of junk had I known I would be paying several hundred in taxes for it.

If Microsoft doesn't get its act together, they are going to have a class action lawsuit on their hands.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 1:41 AM
  • They'd save more money by paying the tax.

I'm still waiting, too.

-- Rob

Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:45 AM
  • I replied back to the email that I received on 2/2 after email prohelp@microsoft.com and received a better answer seems like the new 1099s are almost in the mail.

Hi – Thanks for your patience. You will be receiving an updated 1099 at the earliest this week. Thanks.

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:57 PM
  • "at the earliest this week" is a lower-bound platitude, which really says, "we'll get there when we get there!" It is an empty sentence.

Of course, all is forgiven if a 1099 appears in my mailbox this week. :-)

-- Rob

Monday, February 27, 2012 6:08 PM
  • Hello All,

It has come to our attention that some of you may have
    received an erroneous 1099 concerning the Samsung device you received at our
    BUILD conference in September.

We would like to assure you that what was communicated to
    you at the BUILD conference remains accurate. It is our intention to cover the
    tax obligation related to the distribution of this device. We are working
    quickly to resolve this issue. If you did receive an incorrect 1099 tax form,
    you will receive an updated version.

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:22 PM
  • I just received my "updated" 1099-MISC from Microsoft.  I was expecting (hoping) that this would be a Corrected 1099 showing $0 of income.  But, no...

1) CORRECTED wasn't checked (I think it should have been).

2) Box 3 Other Income - $1662.50

3) Box 4 Federal income tax withheld - $412.50

What Microsoft did was to "gross up" the Other Income and paid a percentage in withholder to "cover" the federal income taxes.  This gross up come out to be 24.8%.  So, if you are in the incremental tax bracket of 24.8%, you're covered.

I see two problems with this:

1) I'm in a higher tax bracket than 24.8%, so I will still be paying some of the tax on this income.

2) I have to pay ALL of the Kansas state income tax on this income (yeah, I know, Washington state doesn't have individual state income tax so I guess Microsoft forgot about all of the other states that do).   Kansas is 6.75%.

A quick calculation shows that I will be paying about $166 in taxes on this income.  I guess that's not bad for getting the tablet, but it certainly isn't "we'lll be covering all of the tax implications".

Monday, March 5, 2012 11:40 PM
  • I've still yet to see the updated 1099. But if "Corrected" isn't checked, doesn't this imply that there are now 2 outstanding 1099s and the other would still be seen as valid?

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:28 PM
  • Ok, I received the same form shagan have and the Corrected box is NOT checked.  So now I have to worry about  paying this tax(Which I shouldn't be paying) twice because both forms will be viewed by IRS as separate income, plus the withheld only covers the Federal income tax.  Can people from MS give us a answer here?  It's already March 06 and I really want to file my tax with the correct form.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 9:18 PM
  • I spoke to a relative of mine who is a CPA.  She stated that it is entirely possible that the first 1099 was not reported to the IRS.  The deadline for mailing a 1099 to is the end of January, while the deadline to send to the IRS is the end of February, and I reported this problem on Jan 30.  I have emailed Microsoft to find out.  If they did report both, your CPA should be able to fix it.  Those of you without a CPA, I'm not sure what you're going to do, probably will have to ask for an extension given how long it's taken them to fix this.

If anyone finds out whether the original 1099 was reported to the IRS, please update us here.

As for state tax, I assume we're out of luck, it took 45 days to fix the 1099 and I can't wait forever on this.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:32 AM
  • Still waiting on mine too :(
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 9:09 PM
  • After a few tries I got just got this response. It remains to be seen when I get it and if the corrected box is marked:

"These went out last Tuesday, you should receive an updated form soon."

UPDATE: I got a follow up from Microsoft indicating that the first erroneous 1099 was NOT filed with IRS; that's why the "corrected" box was not checked on the second one.

I believe it when I see it in my mailbox though.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 9:40 PM
  • Now that I got my corrected 1099 back late, does anyone know how to go correct your taxes without getting penalized/fined for it? Does anyone happen to have a link to a place where Microsoft describes that attendees to the convention won't have to pay taxes on the Samsung device?
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:15 AM
  • If anyone finds out whether the original 1099 was reported to the IRS, please update us here.

According to Microsoft, the original 1099 was not reported to the IRS. Not in my case, anyway,
    Monday, March 12, 2012 4:41 AM
  • A quick calculation shows that I will be paying about $166 in taxes on this income.  I guess that's not bad for getting the tablet, but it certainly isn't "we'lll be covering all of the tax implications".

I can attest to the fact that Microsoft's intention is to cover all tax liabilities. I also received the second form with the same numbers as you, which were insufficient because of my higher federal tax bracket and state tax. I contacted Microsoft and gave them the numbers that would cover all my tax liabilities. They immediately reissued the 1099-MISC form with my numbers, no questions asked.

MICROSOFT ROCKS!

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:52 AM
  • After not receiving a corrected 1099 form, I emailed the alias listed above and was sent a PDF of a new form.

As others have mentioned, it did not accommodate the local State income tax (Georgia), and assumes an arbitrary federal tax bracket for the withholdings there. The "Corrected" checkbox is also not ticked, which adds to the confusion - it isn't clear to me at this point if I am now liable for taxes on an additional $1,662.50 on top of the $1,250 from the original 1099.

On top of all that, they didn't even get the taxpayer number right on this second form (not even close).

This is not humorous in the slightest bit. It is costing me real money and time because it is really complicating my tax returns (my accountant doesn't give me free hours because Microsoft is messing up the filings).

I am lukewarm at best about Windows 8 right now. Stop giving me reasons to be even more disappointed in Microsoft.

Keith Rome, MCPD/EAD MCDBA

Monday, March 12, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Is Microsoft covering state tax liabilities too?  Or does this not apply?  The first 1099 I got doesn't have anything listed for State income but I am assuming that it still counts towards my AGI for the year.
    Monday, March 12, 2012 7:04 PM
  • Is Microsoft covering state tax liabilities too?

They did cover my state tax.

The first 1099 I got doesn't have anything listed for State income but I am assuming that it still counts towards my AGI for the year.
    It may depend on the state rules, but it probably will count towards your AGI if your state return is based heavily on the federal 1040 form, as it is in my case (Utah).

Monday, March 12, 2012 7:13 PM
  • Okay thanks.  I am in a weird position because I am being asked by Microsoft to tell them whether to pay state taxes and I have no idea.  As a result, any more info you could give me would be helpful.  For example, did they put the same amount in Box 3 and Box 18 in your updated 1099?  And was Box 16 just the value of Box 18 * your state income tax rate?
    Monday, March 12, 2012 7:18 PM
  • For example, did they put the same amount in Box 3 and Box 18 in your updated 1099?  And was Box 16 just the value of Box 18 * your state income tax rate?

Ideally, it probably should be the way you are suggesting: box 18 = box 3; box 16 = state tax rate × box 18. However, it is easier to simply combine your state tax liability with federal and add it to box 4. That would save Microsoft the trouble of dealing with your state tax authorities. They will overpay your federal tax, and you will take that overpayment and apply it to your state tax. That's how I did it.

By the way, please note that I am not an accountant, nor am I a tax attorney, therefore I am not taking responsibility for any problems that may arise from my suggestions.

Monday, March 12, 2012 7:32 PM
  • So now they're sending PDF's ad-hoc to those who request them?  I didn't get my corrected form either, should I ask for a PDF or be patient and wait?
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:51 PM
  • question, did you guys send email to  nikedist@microsoft.com  or just called them?(if so which number?)  Because I sent an email to that address right after receiving the 2nd form, but still haven't got any reply yet.

Thanks

• Edited by warblah Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:38 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:38 PM
  • I wrote back to that address because I still don't have my 1099 and I haven't heard anything.  I'm about to start daily emails unless someone has a working address.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:42 PM
  • Also, other than the state/fed tax you have to pay, shouldn't there be a 14% self-employment tax too?
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:30 PM
  • question, did you guys send email to  nikedist@microsoft.com  or just called them?

I've been sending emails to prohelp@microsoft.com, which was the address shown on my 1099-MISC form. My emails were answered pretty fast: usually same or next day, two days at most.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:36 PM
  • Also, other than the state/fed tax you have to pay, shouldn't there be a 14% self-employment tax too?

It depends on your particular situation, but the income reported in box 3 is usually not subject to self-employment tax. It goes into line 21 of 1040. Income reported in box 7 (nonemployee compensation) is usually subject to self-employment tax and goes to schedule C. However, there are exceptions, so you may want to consult an accountant.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:45 PM
  • This is just beyond ridiculous at this point now. I have been back and forth with someone via the nikedist@microsoft.com alias for almost two weeks now - and I still don't have a usable tax form. This is holding up my tax filing (which I would normally have done over a month ago), and has already cost me several hundred dollars out of pocket in private accountant fees.

We have finally gotten to the point where my SSN has been updated correctly, and the federal amounts have been grossed up enough to cover my federal tax liability, but the person I am corresponding with has no idea how to fill out the state information.

Does anybody reading this forum know what Microsoft's STATE tax ID is for the state of Georgia? I think that is the only piece of information remaining, and the Microsoft person I have been in contact with is unable to enter a State Tax Withheld amount (box 16) without also entering State Income (box 18), which in turn requires a value for "STATEID" which I think is captioned as "State/Payers State Number" in the tax form software they are using (box 17).

The Microsoft person I am corresponding with has no idea what their Georgia Tax ID number is. It must have one though - there is a Microsoft regional office only 10 miles from here with employees that I am quite certain are paying Georgia taxes.

If nobody can help with the above information - is there at least someone here who can put me in contact with anyone in Microsoft Accounting that can actually help resolve this?

I just can't fathom how the accounting department just isn't completely embarrassed by this whole mess.

My coworker who also attended the conference just gave up on the whole thing and paid the $600 in tax liability himself. I am starting to wonder if that might have been the best move to begin with. At least he has been able to file.

Friday, March 23, 2012 3:27 AM
  • Does anybody reading this forum know what Microsoft's STATE tax ID is for the state of Georgia? I think that is the only piece of information remaining, and the Microsoft person I have been in contact with is unable to enter a State Tax Withheld amount (box 16) without also entering State Income (box 18), which in turn requires a value for "STATEID" which I think is captioned as "State/Payers State Number" in the tax form software they are using (box 17).

As I suggested in one of my posts above, you can combine your state tax liability with federal and add it to box 4. That would save Microsoft the trouble of dealing with your state tax authorities. They will overpay your federal tax, and you will take that overpayment and apply it to your state tax.

My coworker who also attended the conference just gave up on the whole thing and paid the $600 in tax liability himself. I am starting to wonder if that might have been the best move to begin with. At least he has been able to file.

If I were paying a private accountant for this service, I would not bother with this and instead would simply pay the tax. You've got your federal liability covered, which is probably the biggest chunk. Unless it's a matter of principle, let it go, or you will cut off your nose to spite the face.

Friday, March 23, 2012 7:01 AM
  • I agree, I'd just eat the state costs.  That's what I did, it was like $70 for me and not worth the hassle of more waiting.
    Friday, March 23, 2012 2:54 PM
  • It's not a matter of principle or of me being stubborn - the various forms I have been given so far have not been satisfactory for filing at all. Not even if I was just willing to eat the tax liability in entirety. Only the very latest version has even had the SSN corrected, and of course the other data on the form is now bonkers.

The person I have been in correspondence with has literally been sending me screen captures of various error messages and tax form data entry screens in whatever software they are using to prepare these 1099 forms, and then asking me what the error messages mean and what numbers should go in each data entry field of those screens. I have been exceptionally patient; but seriously... it's like ordering a cheeseburger from McDonalds and then having to go in the back to show them how to cook it. And I have no clue how to cook a fast-food burger.

As someone who has been at the receiving end of IRS harassment due to incorrect filings in the past, I am not very interested in submitting paperwork that I know is not valid. So please forgive me if I seem a bit frustrated by this.

Friday, March 23, 2012 7:11 PM
  • Keith,

I understand your frustration, and your cheeseburger example makes perfect sense to me. I was probably dealing with the same person because I also received a screenshot of an error message and was wondering why they didn't know how to fill out these forms. That's when I realized it's better not to deal with the state tax. I guess I was lucky because I just told them exactly what numbers to change on their second form, and it worked right away. I was prepared to accept the responsibility for my state tax if I had run into another hurdle.

I do want to give them credit for being cooperative and accommodating in accepting the numbers I gave them. I guess they may not have been very competent, but their intentions are good.

Good luck to you!

Vadim

Friday, March 23, 2012 7:38 PM
  • Better yet... I thought this topic was dead, until yesterday I got a dreaded letter from the IRS saying I owe back taxes and the item in question is a 1099 filed from MS.  What a crock.  I contacted MS with the above email to see if they can help now I have to scramble to find proof it was covered.

Oh joy!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:41 PM
  • Roger - I'd be glad to hear if you get an answer.  I happen to be working on my 2012 taxes right now, and I did a quick web search to see if anyone had received a 1099 for the gadgets received at Build 2012 (because I haven't received one).  In my search, I found this thread that seems to indicate maybe I shouldn't have paid the taxes on the tablet from Build 2011 - which I did, because I actually thought it was expected, though I was a little surprised by the valuation when I got it.  If there's a chance I can file an amended return and get this back, I might do it.  If it's more of a hassle than it's worth, though, perhaps it's best to just eat the tax I already paid and move on with life.

thanks!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:57 AM
  • I just got this as well.  Mine is for $2500, ~750 in taxes?  I tried the nikedist@microsoft.com address from above and it bounced.  Anyone have a reachable contact for this?
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:26 AM
  • I got a letter from IRS too, indicating I owe $412 tax. I never received any updated 1099 for 2011, but thought no need to worry about that...

Who should I contact now? The email address is not valid any more.

Friday, March 29, 2013 1:39 AM
  • I too just got a tax bill from the IRS saying I owe back taxes too for 2011 due to Microsoft reporting that I made $1,662 from them! I contacted the prohelp email address as the other one bounced. :(

Thanks Microsoft!! 

Friday, May 17, 2013 2:06 AM
  • I just got audited and told I owe money as well. Microsoft about to get another bad PR black eye.
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:09 AM
  • I received an IRS letter indicating I received $1250, but this was earlier stated that 1099 is erroneously sent to me. Any recourse here. Do I pay the tax now with penalty or ask IRS to check with the PAYER's ? Thats a pretty expensive used tablet prototype.

Friday, November 29, 2013 2:51 AM
  • And this saga continues. I just got a tax return correction notice from the IRS about this supposedly fixed problem. The nikedist@microsoft.com address bounces.

Any ideas how to deal with this? Up a creek without a paddle.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 4:08 AM