DS13 Series Disk Throughput RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Can anyone confirm that the stated disk throughput for a Standard DS13 VM of 256 MB per second is per disk that I attach to the Server or is this the overall throughput irrespective if I assign 1 or 16 additional data disk.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 1:50 PM

Answers

• Hi there,

Correct, this is the limit stated in the documentation. Even if the storage based disk offer more throughput you will be limited by the throughput the VM offers for disk traffic.

It is explained in much more detail at the link below, but I assume that is were you got the 256MB from:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-premium-storage-preview-portal/

You probably saw as well that the Disk size you provision also sets the throughput per disk where 128GB (P10),512GB (P20) & 1TB (P30) correspond to 100,150 and 200 MB throughput.

Regards,

Valery

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Correct, this is the limit stated in the documentation. Even if the storage based disk offer more throughput you will be limited by the throughput the VM offers for disk traffic.

It is explained in much more detail at the link below, but I assume that is were you got the 256MB from:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-premium-storage-preview-portal/

You probably saw as well that the Disk size you provision also sets the throughput per disk where 128GB (P10),512GB (P20) & 1TB (P30) correspond to 100,150 and 200 MB throughput.

Regards,

Valery

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:23 PM
  • Hi, I am quite new to Azure world so while I was estimating the cluster size I got these basic questions because I didn't find proper answers from Microsoft and other blogs. 

Confusion about the storage of each disks, for instance, D13 v2 rather than 400GB local SSD where I can see 16 disks and 8 cores.

Q1: The 400 GiB will be divided by 16 disks or its a temporary storage on VM D13 v2 excluding 16 disks storage, ie. 16x1023gb=16368 gb

Q2: If we process the data beyond size of the cluster(at a time) where the data goes means what is the ratio of process and storage?

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:28 AM