none
Adding a Group to the Appointment Tab RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VB.Net Outlook 2010 Add-In and I'm using the ribbon designer in Visual Studio 2010. I have a ribbon that adds a group to the standard Calendar tab. This works perfectly. However, I want this ribbon group to be available when an appointment is selected. I have tried changing OfficeId from TabCalendar to TabAppointment, but Outlook just beeps on startup and nothing is displayed. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:49 AM

Answers

• OK, that is TabAppointment but I don't think the ribbon designer for VSTO supports that. As far as I know you'd need to write and supply ribbon XML and callbacks instead of using the ribbon designer for that.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "Charlie MCFC" <=?utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZSBNQ0ZD?=> wrote in message news:7fece97a-7fe4-4060-9074-2638fd4d8f0d...
    No. When you select an appointment (without opening it) in Outlook's calendar, the tab changes. It's that tab I'm trying to customize.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 4:26 PM

All replies

• TabAppointment would apply to an open Appointment item. Is that what you want?

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Charlie MCFC" <=?utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZSBNQ0ZD?=> wrote in message news:57ca661d-dc05-4ea4-bfec-ccb7751f4cf7...

I have a VB.Net Outlook 2010 Add-In and I'm using the ribbon designer in Visual Studio 2010. I have a ribbon that adds a group to the standard Calendar tab. This works perfectly. However, I want this ribbon group to be available when an appointment is selected. I have tried changing OfficeId from TabCalendar to TabAppointment, but Outlook just beeps on startup and nothing is displayed. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:24 PM
  • No. When you select an appointment (without opening it) in Outlook's calendar, the tab changes. It's that tab I'm trying to customize.
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:47 PM
  • OK, that is TabAppointment but I don't think the ribbon designer for VSTO supports that. As far as I know you'd need to write and supply ribbon XML and callbacks instead of using the ribbon designer for that.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Charlie MCFC" <=?utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZSBNQ0ZD?=> wrote in message news:7fece97a-7fe4-4060-9074-2638fd4d8f0d...
    No. When you select an appointment (without opening it) in Outlook's calendar, the tab changes. It's that tab I'm trying to customize.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 4:26 PM
  • Not what I wanted to hear but you've saved me hours of trying to get this to work, so thank you Ken. Pity Microsoft didn't think to mention this in the documentation.
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:13 PM