Storage Charges RRS feed

• Question

• I have 5 machines that I have only downloaded google chrome to so I can access a site for 5  minutes each day to check information. Why am I paying about $5 a day for storage? 
    Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:49 AM

All replies

• @Quaid1 Can you provide more information on your query? Can you share the screen shot of the pricing list?

Storage capacity is billed in units of the average daily amount of data stored, in gigabytes (GB), over a monthly period. For example, if you consistently used 10 GB of storage for the first half of the month, and none for the second half of the month, you would be billed for your average usage of 5 GB of storage. However, using the Cool (GPv2 accounts only) or Archive tier for less than 30 and 180 days respectively will incur an additional charge.

Azure Storage Overview pricing

For example: If you are using P30 storage is high performance Solid State Drive (SSD) based storage designed to support I/O intensive workloads with significantly high throughput and low latency. Premium storage account is regardless of the amount of actual data written to the disk or the IOPS/throughput used. Billing for any provisioned disk/blob is prorated hourly using the monthly price for the Premium Storage offer. For example, if you provisioned a P30 disk and deleted it after 20 hours, you are billed for the P10 offering prorated to 20 hours.

For more information: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/storage/disks/

Prevent unexpected charges with Azure billing and cost management

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.
    Thursday, March 19, 2020 6:25 AM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2020 6:42 AM
  • @Quaid1 Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, April 7, 2020 5:22 AM
  • @Quaid1 Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2020 5:31 PM