none
Kinect v2 prototype sensor not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have a kinect v2 prototype sensor i brought online the one whit white black pattern. is this device not made for windows?

and windows adapter cable from microsoft

and buyed a new usb3.0 card from transcend PDU3

i have windows 8.1 64bit 

but the kinect just keeps disconnect and reconnect 

and its still shows that my usb controller have unknown bandwidth.

i have tried whit my usb 3 on my motherboard before i got the new usb card.

this card should be supported right?

i have also radeon r9 280x gfx card new latest drivers.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 12:21 PM

All replies

• Your issue sounds like a chipset compatibility problem. I'm not sure if the card you bought is supported.

We have a bunch of threads about that topic so please read them first. I'd start from this one: Confirmed List of USB 3.0 PCI-e cards/Laptops/configurations which work for Kinect v2 (during preview)

Hope this helps

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 3:18 PM
  • Your issue sounds like a chipset compatibility problem. I'm not sure if the card you bought is supported.

We have a bunch of threads about that topic so please read them first. I'd start from this one: Confirmed List of USB 3.0 PCI-e cards/Laptops/configurations which work for Kinect v2 (during preview)

Hope this helps

the usb3 card is supported its in the list transcend PDU3 

and my motherboard have both intel and renesas 

and my pcie have gen3 

i can see that in usb monitoring program that kinect camera connected to usb2.0 high speed only but its in a 3.0 port in the pcie card. 

in the verifier tool i see that kinect disconnecting and reconnecting and 2 seconds i get preview picture  than right after black screen again. and disconnecting. 

i have also tried openkinect drivers same thing

no leds light in the front of the kinect it just blinks 1 sec then off when disconnect

what should i try next?

Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:53 AM

Hope this helps

the usb3 card is supported its in the list transcend PDU3 

and my motherboard have both intel and renesas 

and my pcie have gen3 

i can see that in usb monitoring program that kinect camera connected to usb2.0 high speed only but its in a 3.0 port in the pcie card. 

in the verifier tool i see that kinect disconnecting and reconnecting and 2 seconds i get preview picture  than right after black screen again. and disconnecting. 

i have also tried openkinect drivers same thing

no leds light in the front of the kinect it just blinks 1 sec then off when disconnect

what should i try next?

i have now formated my pc and reinstalled win8.1 64 and now i get only 1 frame from the Kinect then i need disconnect in Kinect studio then reconnect to get 1 frame again. continue frames not working

and if i first start Kinect verifier tool then nothing works but if start pc and just start Kinect studio i get 1 frame again.

whats wrong?

Friday, April 10, 2015 12:24 PM
  • See the troubleshooting guide around bandwidth if the sensor is continually disconnecting. You may need to adjust your power settings or change a BIOS setting to ensure the data is coming across fast enough: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/20dbadae-dcee-406a-b66f-a182d76cea3b/troubleshooting-and-common-issues-guide?forum=kinectv2sdk

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 5:52 PM