locked
Alerts emails not working properly RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a moss 2007 farm, 2 web front ends, 1 sql and 1 query server. When I set up and alert on any library/list, I only get the first email that says I have set them up. I don't get any emails when anything is changed, added, deleted etc. The same is happening with workflow (I assume they are related) I get the email that says the workflow has started but none of the emails saying a task has been assigned to you are sent. These did work before, it just stopped working all of a sudden. I have 3 sites on 3 different web applications and neither are working.

    I spend all day yesterday googling and trying numerous things to try and get it to work:
    • I used this blog http://www.shareesblog.com/?p=84 and ran the stsadm commands and I get the expected results saying the property exists.
    • I checked the timer job status in central admin and there are immediate alerts for each of my sites and they are all succeeded and 100% complete
    • I tried iis reset and restarting the timer service
    • I also ran the stsadm command to assign the xml template for the alerts again
    Please can someone help me?

    Thanks
    Sarah
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:54 AM admin q - why post to the workflow forum ? (From:SharePoint - Workflow)
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:54 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Please make sure the account running the SharePoint Timer service is the account which has the administrator Full Control permission over the site and the full permission over the content database. Then we restarted the timer service.

     

    If the issue persists, Have you checked off “Require that all senders are authenticated” in Exchange management console? If not, please try the following steps to fix your problem: Go to Exchange Management Console > Recipient Configuration > Distribution group>Right-click on the problem group and choose properties>On the Mail Flow Settings tab, double click on Message Delivery Restrictions>Uncheck the check box "Require that all senders are authenticated".

     

    Let me know the result.


    Xue-Mei Chang
    Monday, November 2, 2009 7:30 AM
    Moderator
  • Thank you for your response.

    I checked the account and it is already a farm administrator and has full permission to the content database.

    The tick box "require all senders are authenticated" was already unticked for my account which is the one im trying just now. It isn't just one group that it won't email though, it is everyone even just an individual person. The first emails that say you have signed up for an alert or the workflow has started still come through. I'm lost as to what can have caused this as they did work fine before.

    Thanks
    Sarah 
    Monday, November 2, 2009 9:45 AM