Mobile app RRS feed

• Question

• User1519602350 posted

I have built web app using web matrix asp.net, my client wants to make the same mobile app which can be downloaded from the market. So which technlogy can i use for this?. Phonegap is the right technology for me?

Thanks

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:51 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

I don't have a ton of experience with using PhoneGap (as I had elected to use some of Xamarin's tools personally) however I recall there being a great deal of documentation available for it out there. That being said, I can't really elaborate much on the conversion of dynamic pages to the syntax that PhoneGap may be expecting.

As far as PhoneGap itself, it should provide exactly what you need and should be able to target each of the environments that you are aiming for.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 26, 2013 9:54 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

This greatly depends on what mobile app market that you are trying to target.

Phonegap is good for filling in several gaps and allowing you to have an application that can be easily used within different mobile environments, but if you want an "App" in the traditional sense then you will likely have to create one and go through the proper channels to create it and submit it to the Apple, Android or Windows Marketplaces.

I would highly recommend checking out Xamarin's incredible selection of products, which allow you to use C# to write Android, iOS, Mac and Windows applications, which should basically cover every base that you would need. I have used many of their tools in the past and I would highly recommend them (I wasn't terribly crazy about PhoneGap, but that was quite early after their initial release).

Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:16 AM
  • User1519602350 posted

I looked into it. But as of now i will go with phonegap which is the better and best for me now.

Also i am reffering to how to convert dynaimc pages to phone gap application because my web app built using web matrix http://www.raymondcamden.com/index.cfm/2012/5/5/Converting-a-dynamic-web-site-to-a-PhoneGap-application

your thoughts please.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:48 AM
  • User1943143334 posted

Hi,

If you are comfortable with Phone Gap, you can go ahead with it. I see no issues with that!

Hope it helps u...

Friday, April 26, 2013 9:22 AM
  • User281315223 posted

I don't have a ton of experience with using PhoneGap (as I had elected to use some of Xamarin's tools personally) however I recall there being a great deal of documentation available for it out there. That being said, I can't really elaborate much on the conversion of dynamic pages to the syntax that PhoneGap may be expecting.

As far as PhoneGap itself, it should provide exactly what you need and should be able to target each of the environments that you are aiming for.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 26, 2013 9:54 AM