Adding horizontal and vertical lines to a crystal reports and details question RRS feed

• Question

• User-1210839387 posted

Ok, I'm new to crystal reports so some very basic questions (with many more posts to follow i'm sure):

1.  I have to create a crystal report with 5 different visual sections on one page, each section separated by a horizontal line.  Also, the page will be split in 2 vertically, meaning one vertical line down the center from top to bottom.  how to do this?

2.  By default I see that there is a "section 3 (details) " area.  In what I described above do you normally create a details section for each of the 5 visual sections I need or do you put all visual main body sections in section 3?

thanks

MC

Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:45 AM

Answers

• User1224194097 posted

I have to create a crystal report with 5 different visual sections on one page, each section separated by a horizontal line

It depends on what you want to show in those five sections. Details section is for the datafields that you want to show by just dragging onto the section. You WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE OTHER SECTIONS for repeating values. Sections such as Report Header, Page Header and Report Footer are generally used to display static content like logo, company header etc., Occasionally, you will use those sections to insert chart/crosstab etc.,

Also, the page will be split in 2 vertically, meaning one vertical line down the center from top to bottom.  how to do this?

You can draw a Line Object vertically from top( Page Header) and extend it until the bottom(Report Footer/Page Footer) while drawing. That way, you can see the line in all pages.

By default I see that there is a "section 3 (details) " area.  In what I described above do you normally create a details section for each of the 5 visual sections I need or do you put all visual main body sections in section 3?

You can create a new details section by right clicking the details section and clicking create new section below option. But not sure how you are going to present data. Alternative is creating a group and separating those sections logically using Group Header, Group Footer and Group Details. That is another option to separate five sections of data.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:55 AM