Unexpected characters in searchQueries in SearchQueryPerformance report RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys -

I've got a bunch of queries showing up in my search query performance report with asterisks in them. It is surprising to me that a character that is removed during keyword normalization is not removed from the query. Is this a bug? If not, how can I create a keyword (particularly a negative) for it? If I try to, the asterisk will be stripped out.

Thanks -

Margaret

Thursday, December 6, 2012 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hello MMartin,

Our support team will need to dive into this deep and will need more information from you to troubleshoot. Please do contact support when you get a chance. This will help us log any and all information we may need to resolve.

Thanks! :-)

Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hello MMartin,

Thank you for your post. After reading your post, we believe best solution is for you to contact support directly and provide your account details to us directly so that we can investigate the behavior observed.

Please contact one of the support channels directly here - http://bit.ly/ndsJzP

Monday, December 10, 2012 5:38 PM
  • I'll be glad to contact support, but given the pervasiveness of what I am seeing, it sure looks like an issue with more universal interest. FWIW, I've done more analysis to try to determine some pattern - the odd strings that I am seeing are all of the form *rnxx or *rnxxx, where the *rn is always present, and the last 2 or 3 characters are some alpha combo.

Thanks -

mm

Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:00 AM
  • Hello MMartin,

Our support team will need to dive into this deep and will need more information from you to troubleshoot. Please do contact support when you get a chance. This will help us log any and all information we may need to resolve.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:10 PM
  • Hi Margaret, did you ever find out what these queries with asterix in them meant? I have the same issue with the search query reports I run on Bing and cannot find any help online.

Regards, 

Hayley

Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:22 AM