none
Unable to sign in my account in Visual Studio 2015 Update 3, stuck in a redirecting loop

Question

• I have an issue which i'm unable to sign in my Visual Studio account, i'm using Visual Studio 2015 Community Update 3 English Version, the most recent Windows 10 (updated), everytime i enter my outlook email, enters into a redirection page to the session login page which is never shown, it's seems it never timeout.

I'm using the english version of Visual Studio 2015 instead of spanish (And i will not reinstall the language pack to Spanish) when you try to sign in uses the Spanish version when they load, also i tried login from Internet Explorer (unfortunately which Visual Studio uses to show that page) is also stuck in that "redirecting to the login page" message, Microsoft Edge and Chrome doesn't have this problem.

Already tried and checked:

• Clear everything in IE.
    • There's no proxy server involved, tried in two different internet network, same result
    • Trying to use Fiddler4 to decrypt HTTPS but freezes completely Fiddler4 (even doesn't show the Not Responding prefix)
    • Uninstalled completely (using TotalUninstall tool and CCleaner'd the registry of any leftovers) and reinstalled it 3 times.
    • The logs doesn't show nothing relevant.
    • Changed DNS servers to 4.2.2.1, automatic and Google public DNS servers, nothing happens.
    • Antivirus deactivated.

I didn't touched the Windows Firewall, since i didn't touched it or something.

Friday, February 10, 2017 6:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Firstly, please update IE to the latest version and enable JavaScript on IE browser: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/howtoscript

Besides, you may also need to add some specific websites to the zone as the Trusted sites under the Internet settings or lowest trusted sites level. So try adding these url to trusted zone:

Turning the security down to Medium-Low and closing visual studio and IE, sign in visual studio again.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017 9:50 AM
  • Unfortunately didn't worked even lowered the security levels to lowest ones, added all those domains and uncheck the box which asks for https (said in the link you send me), but nothing happened the redirection inifinte loop is still here.

Just now i have some updates already available to install via Windows Update, i hope some update can fix my issue.

Friday, February 10, 2017 1:38 PM
  • And nothing happened, my computer is already up-to-date, now when i try to sign in Visual Studio 2015 again there's an really long (timeout-less) redirection page, but after a good while it's says an error about my account couldn't be found and says the option to try again, trying again takes a good while too only to say about the account isn't found with that name/email.

Sincerely i don't know what do when the VS2015 Trial ends. Already tried to locate an IE update to uninstall if something happens, if i can't fix that issue tomorrow downgrading from VS2015 Update 3 to Update 2 would be worth a shot.

Sunday, February 12, 2017 3:59 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

>>i tried login from Internet Explorer (unfortunately which Visual Studio uses to show that page) is also stuck in that "redirecting to the login page" message, Microsoft Edge and Chrome doesn't have this problem.

I recommend you could uninstall IE and then sign in visual studio, the issue may be caused with your IE. After this, you could reinstall IE.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 13, 2017 6:55 AM