none
Inconsistent search results - REST RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that the search rest call not get results properly in SharePoint online.

I have tested the REST search call with the following endpoint, it works like a charm.

https://<subscription>.sharepoint.com/search/_api/search/query?querytext=%27jason*%27&sourceid=%27b09a7990-05ea-4af9-81ef-edfab16c4e31%27

You can use the following method to find the sourceid, then check whether it works.

1. Access the SharePoint admin center
    2. Select “search” from the left hand navigation
    3. Select “Manage Result Sources”
    4. Select “Local People Results”
    5. Look at the URL to find the sourceid.

Thanks,

Jason

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Lindali Saturday, October 25, 2014 11:09 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:22 AM
  • It is returning 3 based on the TotalRowsIncludingDuplicates = 3. If you add &trimduplicates=false to the querystring you should get all three back.

Blog | SharePoint Field Notes Dev Tools | SPFastDeploy | SPRemoteAPIExplorer

• Marked as answer by Lindali Saturday, October 25, 2014 11:10 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that the search rest call not get results properly in SharePoint online.

I have tested the REST search call with the following endpoint, it works like a charm.

https://<subscription>.sharepoint.com/search/_api/search/query?querytext=%27jason*%27&sourceid=%27b09a7990-05ea-4af9-81ef-edfab16c4e31%27

You can use the following method to find the sourceid, then check whether it works.

1. Access the SharePoint admin center
    2. Select “search” from the left hand navigation
    3. Select “Manage Result Sources”
    4. Select “Local People Results”
    5. Look at the URL to find the sourceid.

Thanks,

Jason

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Lindali Saturday, October 25, 2014 11:09 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:22 AM
  • It is returning 3 based on the TotalRowsIncludingDuplicates = 3. If you add &trimduplicates=false to the querystring you should get all three back.

Blog | SharePoint Field Notes Dev Tools | SPFastDeploy | SPRemoteAPIExplorer

• Marked as answer by Lindali Saturday, October 25, 2014 11:10 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:59 PM