"The debugger's worker process (msvsmon.exe) unexpectedly exited" since Windows10 Update RRS feed

• Question

• hi

Since updating to Windows 10, when I try to set a break point in any unit test, I get the above exception. I can no longer debug! I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled Vs2013 (we cannot upgrade VS). Is there anything to do besides nuking my machine and hoping for a fix?

Thanks.

Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:46 PM

Answers

• Hi elena jakubiak,

No debug your test project, just clean and rebuild the whole solution, and then run the test in Test Explorer windows, could you run it well?

To make sure that it is not related to this test project, how about creating a simple new unit test? Or you could run the same unit test project in other VS machine, how about the result?

If the same test project worked well in other machine, I doubt that it would be related to your VS Environment.

Maybe you could run VS as the admin, or run VS in safe mode, debug it again. So we could know that whether it is related to the permission or the VS add-ins/extension tools.

Please also install the VS2013 update 5.

But if the same unit test project still has this issue in other VS2013 machine, maybe the project files are

corrupted. One idea is that you could create a new unit test project, or you could create a blank solution, and then add project files to this new blank solution, test it again.

If you have no other machine to really test this issue, please share me a simple sample with one drive, I will download and debug it in my side using the same Environment as yours.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 14, 2015 2:53 AM