Drop down Task field in Timecard management template RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to change the Task field to Drop down in Timecard management template? I changed the Task field format but the data never reflected in the Time Log. 

• Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, April 23, 2011 11:55 AM always use the question type so people get credit for replies
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 9:00 AM

Answers

• Hi AnupamM,

How did you change the Task field (Textbox) to the dropdown list? And is it on the page when user clicks the button ‘punch in’?

If it was, I learned that if selected a Project, then put the mouse on Textbox, the dropdown list (under Text box) would display the task items which had been created.

For this topic, you can try to use Ajax to make the effect of dropdown list, and there is a post discussing about the Dropdown list to Textbox with Ajax:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1163439.aspx/1

Regards,

Daniel

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:33 AM

All replies

• Hi AnupamM,

How did you change the Task field (Textbox) to the dropdown list? And is it on the page when user clicks the button ‘punch in’?

If it was, I learned that if selected a Project, then put the mouse on Textbox, the dropdown list (under Text box) would display the task items which had been created.

For this topic, you can try to use Ajax to make the effect of dropdown list, and there is a post discussing about the Dropdown list to Textbox with Ajax:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1163439.aspx/1

Regards,

Daniel

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:33 AM
  • Dear Daniel,

We needn't use Ajax to create a drop down Job/Task pane. I made the changes but didn't update here because the Timesheet project on SP at present is running on trial mode. The 2 months trial phase is not yet over but the changes are effective and has no error so far. I'll soon update you about the changes I made in the default template to enable a dropdown Job list. It is not at all difficult, all we need is the SP designer. We need to create a new Job field and the Task field can either be deleted or we can change it to "not mandatory".  The form will be same on both the Punch In & New Item menu. 

Regards,

Anupam Mukherjee 

• Edited by AnupamM Monday, May 30, 2011 9:00 AM A mistake
    Monday, May 30, 2011 8:59 AM
  • I would love to see the drop down for tasks! I need that too, and cannot figure it out. Thanks!

Crimsonfisted

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 6:09 PM