none
Linux VM host key and password changed without notice RRS feed

• Question

@AzureSupport looks like my Linux VM died last night, the host key has changed, my password doesn't work, nor do monitoring tools in portal. Any idea why this might happen? We had a long running process going, but no one changed the host key or the password. 

Friday, October 9, 2015 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.I am currently researching to gather more information with regards to your request. I shall revert back to you with an update at the earliest. Sincerely appreciate your patience.

Meanwhile I found a thread which speaks about a similar kind of thread.

Might help.

Linux root password modified after Virtual Machine maintenance + ssh_host key changed

Stay Tuned.

Regards,

Saturday, October 10, 2015 4:57 AM
  • It may be worth noting that I saw no indication in the events panel that the machine had restarted before this issue. That doesn't necessarily mean that it didn't restart, but the event was not shown. That said, many of the monitoring tools had stopped working after this problem began, for instance the CPU and RAM monitoring tools are no longer working.
    Saturday, October 10, 2015 5:03 PM
  • This situation isn't exactly bolstering my confidence in Azure as a hosting solution for our VMs. I've still got a VM that I magically lost access to, and I can neither reset the password through the Azure Portal ("Coming Soon!" it has said for months) nor through Powershell (Get-AzureVM returns no results even after confirming that I'm on the correct subscription).
    Sunday, January 3, 2016 6:45 AM
  • ServerFault question here.
    Wednesday, January 6, 2016 4:06 AM