Warning_Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am killing the building warnings of project under vs2015 CTP5.

There is one warning which shows that The referenced component 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.12.0' could not be found.

So I delete the object in References and the warning disappear. Then I rebuild the project.

But one new warning appear and shows:

Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.12.0, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

It's very weird. Since I have removed the reference, the vs should not go to search the Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.12.0.

Is it a bug of CTP5?

Or any dll depends on Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.12.0? which result vs to search that dll. 

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This could be the problem with the installation of VS2015 CTP, you could try to repair VS. Or probably you're trying to open a VS extension project of previous VSSDK version in VS2015 CTP. This thread is talking about a similar problem, it might be helpful to you:

How can a VS extension target multiple versions in regard to Microsoft.VisualStudio.* references?

By the way, for more VS2015 CTP problems, you could submit them in Microsoft Connect here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Caillen Tuesday, April 14, 2015 10:05 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:54 AM