Recommend changes to run full screen on Multiple monitors

General discussion

• I would like to inquire whether or not there will be changes regarding on how to manage and work with multiple monitors? There are a few issues complicating people who are using any versions of Windows.

• When you are using a full screen program, like a game for example, on one monitor, and on the other you have a desktop with some programs which enable you to communicate with others like Skype, you cannot access the communication program without the game minimizing itself to the taskbar.
    • There are fairly limited options in personalizing your other screens. It would be remarkable to have an option for a second individual taskbar, wallpaper, possibility to choose your monitor where you want to run your fullscreen programs instead of only in the main display. An example of this could be that you have a shortcut on the second monitor and you run that program, and there was a possibility that the program opens in that second monitor where the shortcut is.
    • A lack of options to arrange multiple windows easily. Like for example on Windows 7 there is an aero-snap option that is easily accessible to split the screen for two programs, or to make a program go into full screen by dragging a window to the top of your screen. However, this does not work in any way on with multiple windows or when using two, or more, monitors. 
    Lastly, I would like to add one more suggestion that might be very convenient. It is enabling the use of two mouse cursors and keyboards. This would make it possible to play co-op on one computer either on dual monitors or on split-screen. And to make this suggestion even better, how about making it possible for two users to log in with their own accounts at the same time – or just using one account but still working on the same computer simultaneously. 
    Thank you for your time and effort!

With regards,

Leevi

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:43 PM

All replies

• Anything?
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:45 PM
  • On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:45:47 +0000, Pukli wrote:

Anything?

I'm not sure what you're looking for here. This is a support forum. You've
    made some suggestions about changes you'd like to see, you haven't asked
    for support. If you're expecting someone from Microsoft to come along and
    tell you that yes, we're going to implement your suggestions, or no we're
    not, then you're going to be waiting for a long time.

A better way to submit this kind of thing is by using the feedback tool. A
    quick search of the forum will turn up lots of posts on how to download and
    install it.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    If it was easy, the hardware people would take care of it.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 2:59 PM
  • It would be remarkable to have an option for a second individual taskbar, wallpaper, possibility to choose your monitor where you want to run your fullscreen programs instead of only in the main display.

In addition you should elaborate on what exactly you think is missing from the above, since I think except for separate wallpaper it is all already available and works fine.

---

Thursday, February 2, 2012 9:14 PM
  • Hi man,

You'll can get all desired features only with third-party software. 

I recommend you to try Actual Multiple Monitors, because it has much more features, than others.

It has 30-days trial. 

Friday, February 3, 2012 6:52 AM
  • I was just wondering how hard can it be to make it work without such a third- party software. And at least i think that some of these things are quite obvious, funny that none of them haven't come up to minds of Microsoft programmers. Even on Apple they have made some solutions for this kind of problems. 

Well until then, thanks for recommendation, i'll try it out. 
    Monday, February 6, 2012 2:22 AM
  • Um, i haven't really get any of those things working. At the moment i have one taskbar, moved to the secondary screen. Then i have this full-screen app running on my main screen on windowed mode because otherwise it just minimizes itself to taskbar when im trying to do anything at all on the secondary screen.. And everytime i've have started a fullscreen application it always opens on main screen which isn't necessarily the one i'd like it to open. If you have some solution for this please enlighten me. 
    Monday, February 6, 2012 2:31 AM
  • Do i really need to do that? How hard can it be to make a open forum for just a feedback?!?! Well thank you for informing me, i just might give it a try. 
    Monday, February 6, 2012 2:34 AM
  • Um, i haven't really get any of those things working. 

Right-click Properties, Taskbar now has a checkbox  Show taskbar on all displays.  Then it has more options about how you would like them to look.

Metro mode apps run on the screen whose Taskbar has the Start Screen button.  To move that icon the other Taskbar shows a blank icon which has a tooltip which says Move Start Screen here.

Another quirk you need to be aware of and get used to is opening the Desktop Metro app on its screen and then you can either drag Desktop windows between screens or use Win-Shift-Cursor, as normal.

If these hints are not sufficient to help you understand what you are seeing please describe your symptoms as specific examples.

HTH

Robert
    ---

Monday, February 6, 2012 6:05 AM