Auto save does not work (For Me) RRS feed

• Question

•  

I’m using Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit and saving all my files to a network drive.  Every couple of days expression designed crashes, when I restart the program designed does not open the current rescue file, it just opens, and my work is gone.  I have the auto save feature set to frequent.

This is very repeatable and it happens all too often.

I always send the crash data to Microsoft but there is no fix that.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Thursday, January 8, 2009 7:14 PM

All replies

• One year gone by
    no one cares about me :(
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:36 PM
  • I'm sorry Mike. Of course we care about you. There was a stick topic about crash issues but it seems to be gone now. I'll look through our database and see if I can find an answer for you. If not, I'll file a bug report and see if I get any answers that way.
    Annie
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 5:37 PM
  • One question I have, Mike. When you open the file, are the changes you made saved by the auto-save or only the changes you actually save? I'm trying to figure if it's only the rescue feature or the auto save feature that's broken. I think these are two different things.
    Annie
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 5:41 PM
  • Annie,

Today I experienced the same issue that Mike is having. Expression Design crashed and when I opened it back up no saved or rescued files dialog box appeared. I also have save options set to "Frequent", as I have experience this problem twice now.  When I opened the file I had been working on, my last save had been 40 minutes earlier causing me to loose a considerable amount of work. I have had to resort to setting a timer on my system to go off every 3 minutes to remind me to save my files.

Auto save does not appear to be working at all. The only saves that are occuring are happening when I manually do them. I don't see anything else that can be changed to get this working in the Options dialog box. Any assistance you might have would be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:05 PM
  • Rex Dee, are you also using a 64 bit system?
    Annie
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:09 PM
  • No I'm using a 32 bit Windows 7 machine.
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:13 PM
  • Rex Dee, are you using Design 3? If not, which version are you using?
    Annie
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:21 PM
  • Yes, I'm using Expression Design 3.
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:25 PM
  • Thanks, Rex Dee. I've filed a bug report. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Annie
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:28 PM
  • Hi Annie

I have saved version one
    I'm working along - 3 hours - crash!
    I restart design and there is nothing but version one
    no autosaves are made at all

over and out
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 5:27 AM
  • Disappointing to see that this matter appears to never have been resolved.  I am using Expression Design 4 - and am having this same problem.  

Crash today (all I was doing was closing a couple of tabs that had simple .jpg files in it) - Lost the one tab I wanted - when it opened, it reverted to a version that was at least a couple days old.  No current version was saved, and no rescue file can be found.  

This is really sad that this has been going on for what appears to be 2 years now.  

Monday, October 24, 2011 5:58 PM
  • What is the pathway to the location where the "rescue" files are supposed to be saved at?  Maybe I can look there and see if it actually saved any rescue files, but just failed to open them.  

Monday, October 24, 2011 5:59 PM