Gated Check In Builds but file is not checked in? RRS feed

• Question

• 

I have Gated Check Ins setup on my Project.

As per above, the gated check in builds fine.

When I get the option to "Reconcile" or "Ignore" if I select Ignore the file still shows as being not checked in (see Default.aspx.cs above).

If I select "Reconcile" the file is check in but TFS tells me that I do not have the latest version of the file?

Q1 Do I always need to reconcile in order to check the file in?

Q2 Why does TFS show (after reconciling) that I do not have the latest version of the file?

CG

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi NuTech,

For Gated Check in build, the changeset will be checked in automatically after build succeed, but if the build fail, the changeset won’t be checked in. So we could preserve pending changes locally (checked by default), then modify directly and check in again. We also could unshelve changes.

If the build succeeds, the changes have already been checked in, but the state still is pending changes in local, so we need to reconcile workspace to get the latest version data.

>>Do I always need to reconcile in order to check the file in?

The changes have already been checked in, this step is used to reconcile your workspace. You also could undo pending changes, then get the latest version.

>> Why does TFS show (after reconciling) that I do not have the latest version of the file?

I cannot reproduce this scenario, maybe other changes checked in before you reconciling workspace. You could check the history whether there is just a gated check in changeset. Also please do not change files before reconcile your workspace.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:02 AM