none
Internet radio with two way communication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am planning to create internet radio with below features and I am little confused in choosing right technology stack.

Features:

1)Users should be able to create account/channel and broadcast audio(through microphone and play audio files from local machine/within the application)

2)Listeners can join a channel whenever they want to. They can participate and speak in a specific channel by requesting admin/host

3)Archive entire broadcast (Including listener conversation)

Is it good idea to go with Live streaming in Azure Media Services or to implement with SignalR and use Azure Storage services to store archives?

Thanks

Siva

Siva Sankar

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 3:41 PM

Answers

• After a bit of research, realized that Azure Media Services is not a candidate for this as it is mainly used one way streaming. I felt it is better to integrate Skype or develop custom solution using WebRTC for real time communication.

Siva Sankar

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:22 AM
  • Siva,

This is not a scenario for Azure Media Services.  We do not offer a communications platform for two-way conversations. For that entire scenario we look to our colleagues in the Skype team.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:53 PM

All replies

• Siva,

This is not a scenario for Azure Media Services.  We do not offer a communications platform for two-way conversations. For that entire scenario we look to our colleagues in the Skype team.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:53 PM
  • Thank you for your inputs John.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:44 PM
  • After a bit of research, realized that Azure Media Services is not a candidate for this as it is mainly used one way streaming. I felt it is better to integrate Skype or develop custom solution using WebRTC for real time communication.

Siva Sankar

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:22 AM
  • hi siva,

any other ways to do that without webrtc. i see app like Dose FM that have same schenario ,but i dont understand which technology they use 

if you know about it ,please share 

Saturday, August 31, 2019 6:47 PM