unable to download apps to a phone using visual studio. RRS feed

• Question

• Myself and another developer are unable to download apps to our phones.  We can do a developer unlock and it says it was successful. If we look on the Dev Center Website the phone we unlocked isn't on the list.  If we unplug the device and plug it back in to the pc the phone is no longer unlocked and you have to unlock it again. 

If we try to download to the phone via Visual studio 2013 we get the error message:  Error : DEP4503 : You have installed the maximum number of development apps. These apps are installed to your device when you start them in Visual Studio or when you use the App Deployment Tool. Please uninstall one of them and then try again.

This phone has been reset and has no developer apps on the phone.  So the message is not valid.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 1:02 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The issue you came across has been fixed by Microsoft related team on November 3, please unregister the Phone from the Dev Center and register Phone again. I find this thread that maybe helpful to you.

If you have any other questions after you try to do these actions, I suggest you to create support ticket through your developer account so that you will receive more professional help.

Best regards,

Cherry Bu.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:03 AM