Design RRS feed

• Question

• Help Help... I made a logo with Design and need to send it to a Wine Glass Company that does Glass Etching  and there telling me that I need to send it to them as a Vector File.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or can I convert the Logo that I already have to a vector file. The logo is currently saved as an Expression Design File..

Thanx in advance

Tim Reed
    Monday, August 10, 2009 5:23 PM

All replies

• They probably want an EPS or AI file. Expression Design can't export directly to these file types, but it can export to the PDF file format which does retain vectors. I've read that after you export to a PDF you can rename the file extension from .PDF to .AI and it should retain the formatting.

Give that a shot.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Expression Support

Monday, August 10, 2009 7:03 PM
  • Ah... I dunno Will.

Are the developers on top of this stuff?

Designing for designers is tough enough without adding extra (and probably unpredictable?) loops into the workflow.

Alternatives?

1 - right click on a .design file and choose "Export to EPS" > some settings > finish!  (theme: why fire up ED?)

2 - ... well, I'd guess that you, Annie and the rest of public facing team probably know those very well by now.

EDIT: 
    ps - item #1 above is intended to encourage a view that some additional features need not compromise an implied restriction on ED development brief yet at the same time address needs of (apparent?) ED customers
    Monday, August 10, 2009 9:27 PM